Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup... I'm planning to bet my savings on Argentina. But, I live in the US so there is no corner Ladbrokes.
Anyone with any experience with this Willhill.com that advertises on this forum banner?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I bet heavily on football, mainly premiership football. I'm not sure which bookies accept bets from the US though - isn't that outlawed?

Anyhow, BetBrain is a good site for comparing odds....

http://www.betbrain.com/odds/showwinner.jsp?dis=1&leagueId=178&teamId=824&site=0

That link compares the odds for an outright win for Argentina. As you can see, 6.00 is the best thats offered. WillHill only give you 5.50. They're a big bookie though, and reliable enough.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
there is some pretty good odds to be found if you place 'double bets' (not sure what the proper term is called!)

like Crespo to be top scorer in the tournament, AND Argentina to win it

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't care whon scores the goal, man, i just want us to win, it's been 16 long years, a lot of fears and tears, broken dreams, this is OUR WC, no one can take it away from us...

I hope so..:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys for the input. I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and put a grand on Argentina winning it all. Anyone else showing such confidence on this team?

·
Registered
271 Posts
dude, i put £200 on argentina to win in 98. I think the odds then were 7/1 (8.00), but argentina were much less wiser and mature than they are today. It was a silly bet.

This year, if you ask anyone in this forum, they'll say Argentina are going to win the world cup. However, very few will put money where their mouth is, perhaps because they're morally against gambling, but more likely because they know that Argentina can self destruct in seconds (Ortega vs Van de Saar).

I'd also suggest hedge betting. Any team that can be beat Argentina must surely go on to win the world cup. For instance, Argentina will probably play France or Brazil in the semis, so a small bet on either of these teams couldnt hurt. Also, if Argentina are going to make it all the way to the final, then their strikers will probably be golden boot contenders. Batigol came joint 2nd top goal scorer for 98 and Argentina got to QFs, so they dont even have to go all the way for a team member to win the golden boot. Basically, dont put all your eggs in one basket ;).

GL

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Hahahahaha! you lucky guys.

If I got caught betting $200 on a soccer game, the next phone call I received would be from a divorce attorney!!!!

:D

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The most I ever made from a bet was by staking $200, off that bet I won $3860 as I parlayed 8 different matches. All eight picks had required a positive outcome for me to win. Thankfully, everthing I predicted turned out as I anticipated. I also made a few other similar bets were I where I also won. Having said that I've also lost money...but it all goes with the territory. I've made more then I've lost...:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I made about 760 pounds back in 94 when I was studying over in England. Just a variety of bets on scores and who would get yellow carded. It was simply too enticing... lad's at every neighborhood. Just around Cambridge there were 2 within walking distance.

Anyway, I found that I can bet in Las Vegas over the phone.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've made different bets but i have never ever figured out all the results...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts