Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all congruatiolations to romania! you outplayed the most hated team of the tournament. what a game!

then i must say i'm really impressed by the romanian play. a secure defense, chivu and contra 2 dangerous wingers, ilie an to a lesser extent moldovan who are both leathal. and all of that in a team.

it was the first time romania could impress me though (this tournament of course). the reason that i find is the fact that hagi was not playing. with mutu (for me the best man!) on his position there was not only more balance in the team, the actions were also more surprising. danger could come from everywhere.

of course hagi deserves all respect, but isn't it time to see he's not the player he was in 1994. especially the fact that he doesn't run anymore in defense brings his team in trouble. against italy he has to play cause of the many yellow cards romania got, but if manage to qualify for the s.f. wouldn't it be wise to use him as some kind of supersub?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
first of all, popescu is out so there is no "if he picks up a yellow". second, hagi is the inspiration of this romanian team. he is the leader and heart of it. just because romania won without hagi, that doesnt mean that they can go play a key game without the experience of hagi. they beat england because they were desperate and also inspired by hagi to play hard. His presence is very important and i think if romania is going to beat italy, HAGI MUST BE THERE AND PLAY A HUGE ROLE!

HAI ROMANIA!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts