Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“We are very disappointed to have been eliminated from the Champions League, a competition that we all hold dear, but we met a team that, after two legs, deserved it more than us. Arsenal, a great team, in a great run of form merited their qualification. We have lost a good opportunity, but as a true juventino, I have to say that our fans wasted the chance to support their team in a delicate and difficult moment.

In underlining that no disrespect is intended, have your say.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Fabio after the game:

Cannavaro also said he was disappointed that the player's were jeered by their own fans on Wednesday night.

“There’s something about Italian football where the moment something goes wrong, even during a game, the jeers and banners come out," he added.

“A team should be supported until the final whistle and judged at the end of a season. It’s not reassuring to see those banners when you’re still challenging for an important trophy.”

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bono said:
Fabio after the game:

Cannavaro also said he was disappointed that the player's were jeered by their own fans on Wednesday night.

“There’s something about Italian football where the moment something goes wrong, even during a game, the jeers and banners come out," he added.

“A team should be supported until the final whistle and judged at the end of a season. It’s not reassuring to see those banners when you’re still challenging for an important trophy.”
Nothing like this has ever happened before, given that if Juve had scored a goal the QF was still wide open. Juve fans started booing their players starting from minute 10 of the 1st half.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
IMHO:

It is somewhere in between - no. On one hand, it is stupid from Cana and betega an dthe rest to attack the fans, I think you should not do that at any moment of time. They also try to stupidly in my mind, shift soem of teh heat back to teh fans.

Teh fans, though also should have not turn their back like that - I already said last week that teh anti Capelo avatars came a bit too early I think here.

The irony is that, most likely, players and fans will celebrate together in few weeks from now Scudeto 29 and will pretend, both sides, nothing is remembered. ;)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I agree with Fabio and Bettega. Juve fans are on the verge of winning scudetto... 2 goals at home can happen but instead of support they got booed. You could see their heads dropping after a certain amount of time. I can see some players wanting to leave Juve at the end of the season.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Well fans pay the tickets and tv subscriptions, don't they? They are the customers, you can't make excuses for not giving them what they want..

This is what being in a PR business is like..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
numerodix said:
Well fans pay the tickets and tv subscriptions, don't they? They are the customers, you can't make excuses for not giving them what they want..
I agree entirely but from midway through the first half youstart to boo? I mean to be hinest the players werent even given a chance yesterday. Its not like Juve have been crap in general this season. Unless Milan go on to win CL you will more than any other side in Serie A this season...

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Deano said:
I agree entirely but from midway through the first half youstart to boo? I mean to be hinest the players werent even given a chance yesterday. Its not like Juve have been crap in general this season. Unless Milan go on to win CL you will more than any other side in Serie A this season...
Fans are irrational, fickle masses driven by a flock mentality [in the stadium], sure you can rationalize about what should and should not happen, but these people don't show up to do things by the book.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
No Juventino ready to take this bait? :D

Both of them are right. Look at their league position- do you think fans have a right to be fickle after that?

Its ridiculous. The fans are finding the end-of-year Scudetto celebrations too familiar. And familiarity breeds contempt.

Juve should finish next season in seventh place. Then the season after's 3rd place will be cheered by their fans as a pleasing result.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Exactly as a Roma fan I could only dream about being in 1st by 9 points and playing a CL QF against Arsenal :(

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Diavolo said:
Minute 10 of the first half.
I guess that means that after 10 minutes of the match, they already had a good idea about where the match was headed and how Capello planned to make his miracle materialize. I witnessed a similar incident myself, rubbing my eyes in disbelief throughout the second half of a certain match that added more to Milan's joy than to ours.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
numerodix said:
Fans are irrational, fickle masses driven by a flock mentality [in the stadium], sure you can rationalize about what should and should not happen, but these people don't show up to do things by the book.
Perhaps so, nevertheless, at this level, giving up homefield advantage is suicidal. Never seen something like this happen before.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
numerodix said:
I guess that means that after 10 minutes of the match, they already had a good idea about where the match was headed and how Capello planned to make his miracle materialize. I witnessed a similar incident myself, rubbing my eyes in disbelief throughout the second half of a certain match that added more to Milan's joy than to ours.
Martino, if you or I were players, and our very own suppoters started to boo you/me everytime we touched the ball, more likely than not, I/we would afraid of even receiving the ball.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Diavolo said:
Martino, if you or I were players, and our very own suppoters started to boo you/me everytime we touched the ball, more likely than not, I'd we would afraid of even receiving the ball.
I think you're making too much of this, I think this is just general discontent with Capello coming to the fore here. How do fans make their beliefs known? By whatever they can demonstrate in the stadium.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
numerodix said:
I think you're making too much of this, I think this is just general discontent with Capello coming to the fore here. How do fans make their beliefs known? By whatever they can demonstrate in the stadium.
IMO not really, since the game was still just 10 minutes old.
Anyway, we simply differ upon opinion.

·
Administrator
52,420 Posts
numerodix said:
I think you're making too much of this

I was thinking of saying "Captain Obvious, to the rescue!" But that would have been too obvious ;)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Diavolo you have a point 10 minutes is a tad too soon but i think people went to the game expecting Juve to play a certain way i.e. the Capello way and the minute they realized that's exactly how they were play they said screw this we better show them that we won't take it like this.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts