Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
Figo sold for so much money because he was with Barca, the biggest club in the world. Plus, their enemy grabbed him, so the price went up even more. No on would ever pay that much for a Portuguese league player. Sporting sold Figo for peanuts because in 1995 we were in financial caos. We needed to money so we sold everything worth selling.

Sure Beto's value will rise with Milan or Barca, but that is if succeeds with them. If he does, then obviously success with a top flight Serie A or La Liga team will raise his value.

Okay...maybe I read wrong but I read in OJOGO that if Sporting would sell Beto in December to Real they would get 15 000 000$ US (the same as Simao) but if they sell Beto next summer they get only 10 000 000$ US. One thing for certain is that Real have priority in signing Beto.

Actually, it said that if Real want Beto in December they would have to pay the $15 million (It doesn't say that Real made the offer though). Because the deal is $10 million, but only in the summer.

I knew I misread something...but I am to dam lazzzzy to read it ag....oh never mind I won't bother to finish writing this ;)

Yes Real will have first choice on Beto. But one thing that is for sure is that he will probably flop at Real.

He is good, but still lacks some experience. Maybe 1 or 2 years time would be better to go abroad.

Its seems to be the latest trend in Italy & Spain to sign young Portuguese players after success stries such as Figo, Simao, Rui Costa, Nuno Gomes etc... but they don't hear about the flops like Boa Morte, Dani, etc..

It's the same thing they do with Latin American players. If they wait until the guy is experienced, then all that's happened is the price has gone through the roof. Ronaldinho, Saviola, Riquelme and Aimar will cost a fortune when they finally go abroad. I remember reading some price like $80 million attached to Ronaldinho's name. Absurd.

As for Beto, I posted on this subject earlier. Milan also showed interest in him. Sporting will lose him no matter what. We can't afford to match the salaries Spain can pay. If we sell now, before his contract is up, then we'll make enough money to reinforce a couple of positions.

Simao went abroad and flopped at Barca for a year. Actually, he didn't flop so much as rotted on the bench. Now he's blossomed. Training with a world class squad can do a lot for a young player, especially if technique is stressed.

All that said, it'll be a shame to lose another good young player.

Beto is ready NOW! I hate to see him go but Saturday against Amaradora he was great!

If you seen the game, at one point he stole the ball from a Amaradora player single handlely, then took the ball up field himself dribbling past player. He proceeded to beat a guy so bad going up field that the dude had to take him out cuz he was breaking in by himself! Remember when he went down and held him knee for a while!

Beto also scored a nice header and just missed on another opportunity! I don't know why he doesn't start on the National squad!

I just hope Babb is ready to go or Leal. I think Leal's natural position is Central defender, correct?

Hello Sporting fans, i would appreciate your collaboration on providing me with info on Beto, sporting's defender about to join us Milan next season.

Thanks a lot.

FORZA BETO ROSSONERO!

Hey San_Siro_1 theres was a slight problem with your XCC picks! Have you checked your PM box I sent u a PM a few days ago!!

Yeah i've checked it Taco but don't see what's wrong with them...:D:D:D
Am i too good or what?Or you some kind of divine and know that i've predicted all the correct answers?:D;)

Thhe thing is....your supposed to guess whther the game is a home win (1) an away win (2) or a draw (X) - not the scores of the games!! :howler:

this is what the card should look like:

Viking - Linfield - 1
Real Madras - Racing - X
Porto - Sporting - 1
Man Utd - Watford - 2
Celta Vigo - Benfica - 1

etc....

Taco, when do we receive our picks by PM? I don't even remember who I chose.

dae, the new plan (which seems to be more popular with other XCC players) is that on Jan 4th I will publish all the picks in a thread in the Xperts forum. This seems most popular with everyone, and its easier than sending PM's to everyone. Theres a thread called "what would you prefer" in the Xperts forum discussing it....but perhaps I should let more peeps know about it....

And San Siro...thansk for the PM....everything's ok...I just wanted confirmation that those guesses were ok, thanks :)

MANCHESTER UNITED have again been linked with Portuguese defender Beto, but it seems his future lies with Real Madrid, which will also disappoint Barcelona who, like the English champions, had hoped to sign the international centre half.
Real Madrid have already agreed a £10.7 million fee with Sporting Lisbon, according to the Portuguese club, but the deal is only a preliminary contract and so other clubs could still purchase the 24-year-old defender.

United and Barca are very keen and Sir Alex Ferguson watched him personally last April, after being invited to Portugal by Red Devils legend Peter Schmeichel, but Madrid still remain firm favourites, although they, like Barcelona, are yet to decide on their summer transfer targets.

Barcelona are still desperate for a central defender and are believed to have drawn up a shortlist that includes, Beto, Bayern Munich`s Samuel Kuffour, Rafael Marquez of Monaco, Cris of Cruzeiro and Lausanne`s Stephane Gobet.

Other players wanted are Ajax`s Cristian Chivu and Auxerre`s Phillipe Mexes, but they face a tough test to get either as both are wanted by a host of Europe`s elite.

Kuffour, Beto and Cris are all long-term targets of the Catalan club and are very high on the list of potential candidates, but the targeting of Rafael Marquez and Stephane Gobet are new.

Marquez currently plays for Monaco, but the 21-year-old Mexican is earning rave reviews and could be a surprise capture for Barca.

The most unlikely target seems to be Lausanne`s Gobet. The 20-year-old has only broke into the starting line-up this season, but he, like Marquez, is performing well and has come under the eye of the Barca scouting network, which is currently scouring Europe for new defenders. (Courtesy of http://www.PortugueseSoccer.com

So, what do you think? Do you feel Beto is as good as they feel he is? Sporting is gonna make a bundle off this purchase!

What about Milan? I remember seeing articles saying they were interested, too.

I remember them. Beto would be a perfect fit for Milan wouldn't he. He plays a solid defensive role but can also help create plays. Beto should consider Serie A, it'll toughen him up. What ya think?

I'd love to see Beto with Milan, they need young defenders and he'd fit in great. He's technically sound and would be ready for it.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.