Xtratime Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denilson has finally convinced Real Betis to loan him to Rio club Flamengo for the upcoming season.

Betis paid $16 million for Denilson, but will now loan him out for a combination of economic and sporting reasons, as directors at the Seville club didn’t want to devalue the player by forcing him to play Spanish second division football.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
They paid more then that for Denilson, that iam very sure of....

About the move: Does everyone agree on that it was the best one possible for this Super-talent?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
he really cot 35 mln$, just a bit less than Anelka:D And I do not agree this is the best move for him. He has and IMO will suck for Betis, so they should've just ridden themselves of this burden. He will never be good for any team:(

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Wow, that was realy harsh! If he can return to Brazil and play on home ground a season he might get some confidence back. And you cant expect the pressure being as high on him as when he arrived, i think ghe will be at least better AFTER the loan then BEFORE...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Denilson de Oliveira was, is and will be a great player. I never denied that. Unfortunately he will never be of any help to any team, he simply sux when he has to do something not for himself, but give the ball to his teammate. And if you bel;ieve that will change after Brazil, I simply beg to differ:D

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Labas, your simply missing on thing-he is still on his "potential" level and you cant really say how good he is. One year without pressure and hard training with Flamengo will make him more "rateable".

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
First Denilson is older:) hehe
second I didn't say that. ometimes yuo're indolence amazes me R&B!:) I think sure, he'll be better, but he will never learn to play for a team! He will always play for himself, and the team will usually lose on that:(

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
This is pointless, neither of us has any good points about this player-its a question about you like him or not.

Has anyone more objective a good opinion about Denilson?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I have absolutely nothing against Denilson, I like him very much. What I'm saying is the truth though and a person like you should know it R&B.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Flamengo have signed Denilson on-loan from Spanish side Real Betis.

Denilson was the most expensive footballer in the world when he moved to Seville for £23 million from Sao Paolo in the summer of 1998, but he has not enjoyed the expected success at the Benito Villamarin, and the real low point was seeing Betis relegated to the Spanish Segunda Division.

Despite this, the young starlet has said he would stay at Betis if he had to, but Flamengo have made their move to take him back to his native Brazil.

Flamengo president Edmundo Santos Silva completed the deal with Betis supremo Manuel Ruiz Lopera on Friday, and he agreed that the Brazilian team would pay $3 million for the one year deal and would also match Denilson's wages.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Driver X !

Real Betis homeground is known as the Manuel Lopera stadium after he fixed it a while ago.

So its Manuel Lopera and not Benito Vilmarin anymore...

Real&Barcafan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts