Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stop me if you've read this before :rollani:

MADRID, March 15 (Reuters) - Real Betis's Primera Liga match against Athletic Bilbao was abandoned on Saturday after visiting goalkeeper Armando was struck by a bottle thrown by a fan.

Bilbao were leading 2-1 during the second half at the Manuel Ruiz de Lopera stadium when a fan behind the goal threw what looked like a small plastic bottle full of liquid at Armando.

The keeper, who had gone to get the ball for a goalkick, was treated on the pitch and taken off on a stretcher. Referee Carlos Clos Gomez stopped the game with about 18 minutes left.

"Armando suffered a blow to the right eye and has bruising and a cut in the same area. He has had stitches," Bilbao said on their Web site (www.athletic-club.net).

Betis's Web site (www.realbetisbalompie.es) said: "The aggressor was immediately detained by the stadium's private security and will be prevented from attending future sporting events."

It is not the first time such an incident has occurred at the Manuel Ruiz de Lopera.

Last season, Sevilla coach Juande Ramos, now at Tottenham Hotspur, was knocked out after being hit by a bottle thrown from the stands during a King's Cup quarter-final match there.

That game was abandoned and the remaining 33 minutes played behind closed doors at Getafe's stadium while Betis were hit with a three-match stadium ban.
just incredible. how many times does this occur per season? and the various incidents that go unattended. bilbao cant even take the moral high ground as when we went there casillas was pelted with crap for the full 90 minutes.

so betis, repeat offenders, i wonder what theyre gonna get.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
actually these events really affect the reputation of spanish football ( la liga ) not only Betis team . that`s cuz these have happened before this one . these behaviours don`t relate to football match or any other kind of sports . i don`t know what will be the Betis punishment after what happened in this game .. Betis fans repeated that once again , unfortunately !

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i agree Kopite, it does make Liga look like a fvcking sunday league.

apparently Betis want to play the rest of the 20 or so minutes left. what nerve!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Betis has to loose 3-0 obviously.
Then a couple of games without spectators and the deal is done imo.
And of course the motha****a who threw the bottle should receive some jail time.
Thumps up to the Betis fans who caught him btw.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i agree Kopite, it does make Liga look like a fvcking sunday league.

apparently Betis want to play the rest of the 20 or so minutes left. what nerve!
yeah ,
in last few seasons football fans around the world were criticizing calcio of italy for that different bad events during their games . but , what have happen so far this season or last season will hesitate and affect too much the la liga fans .

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Betis has to loose 3-0 obviously.
Then a couple of games without spectators and the deal is done imo.
And of course the motha****a who threw the bottle should receive some jail time.
Thumps up to the Betis fans who caught him btw.
this game will be played the last 20 minutes only as they did sevilla last season the king cup quarter final .
and of course that fan should be jailed or at least to be banned from attending la liga games .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Disgusting... at least the attacker is now in jail.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Disgusting... at least the attacker is now in jail.
he's been released on bail...what a scumbag.

won't be the last time it happens either. something really needs to be done.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
It's terrible but also predictable. Never liked that stadium, too much fascists/nationalists in it. The last minutes of the match shouldn't be played and hopefully these victimist savages get a huge punishment so that we don't have to be annoyed by their fans when we visit.

I wish Armando a quick recovery.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
It's terrible but also predictable. Never liked that stadium, too much fascists/nationalists in it. The last minutes of the match shouldn't be played and hopefully these victimist savages get a huge punishment so that we don't have to be annoyed by their fans when we visit.

I wish Armando a quick recovery.
De Lopera is stadium which any visitor fear to play in .. that`s cuz they know that betis a strong team to face there ..
regarding to bestis fans , i think not only them who make troubles in the liga stadiums .. don`t forget to the racism which have been showing by the spanish fans in general .. e.g don`t forget to what black players faced last few seasons . so , i think it`s a general problem in la liga competition , not only in particular related to betis club or their stadium .

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I know that it`s a big mistake by a betis fan which shouldn`t be passed easily , but please don`t make the whole la liga faults only because of betis . :nono:

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
the Betis stadium should be closed for at least 3 games & Bilbao awarded a 3-0 win. Is it fair though to punish all the Betis fans because of one idiot?

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
they got a 2 game stadium closure and the game was valued as finnished with 1-2.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
the Betis stadium should be closed for at least 3 games & Bilbao awarded a 3-0 win. Is it fair though to punish all the Betis fans because of one idiot?
of course it isn`t fair .. and you can discover by how betis fans helped the security to catch him . :)

LaBlanca said:
they got a 2 game stadium closure and the game was valued as finnished with 1-2.
i think betis will accept that to some extent . :rollani:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts