Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty difficult question, someone took the hard time of making an 11 for the best clubs and I think we can benefit from it, and discuss.:devil: Of course some players are debatable (Raúl ¿Madrid or Atlético?) and some may be missing but I think it´s more or less enough to discuss it, other thing is the quantity of players, with some clubs you can make just an 11 and with others you can make 3 or 4 with first level players.

ATHLETIC:
Aranzubia, Javi González, Prieto, Karanka, Del Horno; Iraola, Gurpegi, Jonan García, Yeste; Julen Guerrero, David Karanka.

ATLÉTICO:
Ricardo, Aguilera, Gaspar, Mario, A.Lopez; Ortiz, O.Sanchez, Baraja, Lawal; Paunovic, Fernando Torres.

BARCELONA:
Reina, Gabri, Ferron, Puyol, Sergi; Xavi, Celades, Luis Garcia, Roger; Iniesta, Luque.

BETIS:
Pinto, Varela, Juanito, Rivas, Poli; Arzu, Capi, Joaquin, Cañas; Dani, Diego Tristán.

OSASUNA:
Sanzol, Izquierdo, Cruchaga, Josetxo, Lacruz; Orbaiz, Nagore, Muñoz, Patxi Puñal; Tiko, Ezquerro.

R.MADRID:
Casillas, Miñambres, Pavón, García Calvo, Raúl Bravo, Guti, Fernando, Víctor, Raúl, Mista, Alfonso.

REAL SOCIEDAD:
Alberto, Rekarte, Gurrutxaga, Roteta, Aranzabal; Alkiza, Xabi Alonso, Aranburu, Gabilondo; De Pedro, Etxeberria.

VALENCIA:
Molina, Curro Torres, Javi Navarro, David Navarro, Juanfran; Albelda, Farinós, Angulo, Parri; Xisco, Juan Sánchez.

Other teams that have good players are Sevilla (Marchena, Jesuli, Jose Mari, Reyes, Carlitos, Antoñito, Gallardo..) or Espanyol (Tamudo, Lopo, Jarque, Sergio, Capdevila...).

I think they´re all in a similar level, if I have to choose one it has to be Real Sociedad´s.:eek: Here it´s shown how well the basque clubs work with the young players as well as the teams from Sevilla.

The other discussion I want to bring is what do you consider a "formed in our youth ranks" player? You should look how many of Madrid B´s players are actually madrileños. For me there´s a slightly difference between clubs as Madrid or Barça that sign young players from other clubs (Mista, Urzaiz, Bravo, Raúl, Eto´o, Cambiasso, Valdo.... Iniesta, Motta, Arteta, Babangida...). They have their own players but they also base their young system in going through Spain (and outside) with a lot of ca$h, asking who is the best kid around and bringing him to their B or C team. On the other hand, other clubs work with let´s say 300 kids and they say "we have to make at least 3 primera players every season because if not we´ll be in big trouble" do you see the difference? what do you think?;)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I think what we should be proud of is the fact we have such good youth systems as a country. Look at the age of our NT, all the stars are potential world superstars. Vicente, Joaquin, Torres, Reyes.. all of them are so young but yet are regulars in our team. Look at Germany for example. They have 0 idea what they are doing with their talent, in 4 years they will still have to rely on Kahn and Ballack since they won't have trust in their young ones.

For me, as long as they stay in the country, producing the best for la liga, showing their pride of where their from... they can go anywhere. Region to region should be about unity, bringing us closer together.

BTW I would take the Andaluz's over any of the other ones if you were to take a poll.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Nice thread Txupa

Real Sociedad has done a really good job with their youth team, also Sevilla, Betis, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Espanyol,... in general, all the teams are doing a good job in the youth teams. I think that's the reason of the great results of the Spanish young teams during the last decade. The main problem is that the clubs are not giving more opportunities. For example, today I've seen Magallanes signing for Sevilla, I'm sure Sevilla has better players than him at home. The only exception is the Galician football. Only Fran is important in his team, but he's getting old. I don't know what they are doing there. I also miss the Mareo (Sporting) kids, I recall Felipe, Luis Enrique, Abelardo, etc.

About the money to buy young stars, it's true that Barça offer a place to Spanish or foreign players who seem to have a good future. I think that La Masía does a work really good in the education of the kids and not only money is offered. Not all the teams give the chance to their kids to complete his education not only in the sport, but also in other aspects of the life. Motta or Babangida came with more than 16 years old. But I consider that Iniesta, De La Peña or Amor are products of our club, since they came here with 10, 11 or 12 years old.

Of course, Athletic is another story, not only in Spain, but also in Europe. I can't think about a club with this character and this level of success. Athletic is the only team of Spain that has always been in Primera, with Barça and Real Madrid. They've won a big amount of Ligas and Copas. I think it's a very special club that shows that there's something romantic in football. Lately, Athletic doesn't have been an option for the title and the last big Athletic players were in the 80s. The 90s have been disappointing, only Alkorta, Guerrero or Karanka have been remarkable. I think they have some promising players now: Aranzubía, Iraola, Jonan, Del Horno or Gurpegi are showing a good level. Let's see how far they can go.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny thing is that Celta B is second in their Segunda B group, but they keep on signing second level players.:rolleyes:

Yeah, what happened with Mareo was a disgrace, they always brang a lot great players to the league, right now I can only name David Villa.

It´s not my intention to understimate Madrid and Barça´s work, I just wanted to set a difference, I mean, everyone who watched Albacete in that Brunete tournament knew Iniesta was going to be a star, or at least let´s say that 3 of every 5 "Iniestas" become stars. I just wanted to differ that from clubs that work with an amount of kids and don´t have scouts over there bringing the best of other clubs. There is where you see the real work of the coaches and the youth system of the club, and of course those players need an opportunity in the first team. And I think that the basques (Athletic not so much) and the teams from Sevilla have been the best in the last years, fortunately Athletic is recovering the level lately.

The problem with Athletic in the 90s was that we entered in the market with the rest of the teams, thinking that players from Osasuna or Erreala were better than ours and not giving opportunities to our players. That can be a good option for one year or two but in the end is a terrible mistake. If we fight with the same weapons as the rest we will loose the war,:cool: our market is smaller and more expensive. If we want to do something big we have to work with Lezama and forget about signings (only stars if it´s economically possible or a player for a specific problematic position) which is what fortunately it´s being done lately and of course keep our players, ex: Del Horno.:rolleyes:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Nice topic Txupa. I have some thoughts on this matter but right now not too much time.

I have always thought of Las Palmas as being one of the teams that produced more 1ra players than any other. But I need to research that again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
barça said:

I have always thought of Las Palmas as being one of the teams that produced more 1ra players than any other. But I need to research that again.
one name......juan carlos valeron !!!

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Max Depor said:
one name......juan carlos valeron !!!
Indeed Valeron came from there and that is why I started to think about this again. I remember articles talking about the irony of Las Palmas, always coming with great players (young Jorge of Atletico, whom I rate very high is also from Las Palmas), selling them yet always having financial trouble.

·
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
Funny thing is that Celta B is second in their Segunda B group, but they keep on signing second level players.:rolleyes:

Yeah, what happened with Mareo was a disgrace, they always brang a lot great players to the league, right now I can only name David Villa.

It´s not my intention to understimate Madrid and Barça´s work, I just wanted to set a difference, I mean, everyone who watched Albacete in that Brunete tournament knew Iniesta was going to be a star, or at least let´s say that 3 of every 5 "Iniestas" become stars. I just wanted to differ that from clubs that work with an amount of kids and don´t have scouts over there bringing the best of other clubs. There is where you see the real work of the coaches and the youth system of te fi~ut/2C and of course those players need an opportunity in the first team. And I think that the basques (Athletic not so much) and the teams from Sevilla have been the best in the last years, fortunately Athletic is recovering the level lately.
o t-0AThe problem with Athletic in the 90s was that we entered in the market with the rest of the teams, thinking that players from Osasuna or Erreala were better than ours and not giving opportunities to our players. That can be a good option for one year or two but in the end is a terrible mistake. If we fight with the same weapons as the rest we will loose the war,:cool: our market is smaller and more expensive. If we want to do something big we have to work with Lezama and forget about signings (only stars if it´s economically possible or a player for a specific problematic position) which is what fortunately it´s being done lately and of course keep our players, ex: Del Horno.:rolleyes:
I can't understand how Galicia underrate some much their players. Nano is galician, but he had the chance in Barcelona, and I doubt he could have had any chance there. It's sad to see that their derbies are empty of Galicians. How can they feel a derby if there's no one able to explain them the reasons of a derby?

The fact of having Sporting in Segunda Division doesn't help to Mareo's "products". I really want to see them in Primera, because they've always done a great job with the young players and those teams deserve a chance.

About the power of Madrid and Barcelona, I think both teams have the economical power to respond to the necessities of a big club. Both teams seek the best players around because they have the money and they have the necessity. In Barcelona's case, Motta, Babangida, Arteta or Iniesta can be examples of this. In Real Madrid, Etoo, Aranda or Valdo are other examples. But also the job Barça and Real Madrid are doing with home players is good: Xavi, Puyol, Oleguer, Valdés, Oscar Lopez, Sergio García, Arnau, Reina, Jofre, Rufete, David Sánchez,... are player good enough to play in Barcelona, in some cases, and good enough to play in Primera Division in other teams. Real Madrid also have: Guti, Casillas, Pavón, Raúl Bravo or Mejía playing at home, and lots of players playing around Spain, like Victor, or Europe, like the "lloron" Rubén in Borussia M.

Sevilla and Betis have had good generations because of the economical necessity of playing with them when they felt to Segunda. Players that not only play in their teams now, but also others like Jesuli, Tristan, Jose Mari and now Reyes.

Athletic is giving good players now. Thay are young, but their future looks good. I think you should give them time, but I trust that they can give good nights to San Mames fans during the next years. Erreala has given good players too, among them, the best one in years, Xabi Alonso, IMO. The work has given result, singing good players to play with them like Nihat, Kavacevic or Westerveld... although it's so strange to me to see the Basque's teams with problems in the GK place. Aranzubía is good news for you.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Koeman4 said:

About the power of Madrid and Barcelona, I think both teams have the economical power to respond to the necessities of a big club. Both teams seek the best players around because they have the money and they have the necessity. In Barcelona's case, Motta, Babangida, Arteta or Iniesta can be examples of this. In Real Madrid, Etoo, Aranda or Valdo are other examples. But also the job Barça and Real Madrid are doing with home players is good: Xavi, Puyol, Oleguer, Valdés, Oscar Lopez, Sergio García, Arnau, Reina, Jofre, Rufete, David Sánchez,... are player good enough to play in Barcelona, in some cases, and good enough to play in Primera Division in other teams. Real Madrid also have: Guti, Casillas, Pavón, Raúl Bravo or Mejía playing at home, and lots of players playing around Spain, like Victor, or Europe, like the "lloron" Rubén in Borussia M.
That was the purpose of my second question, do you differ from them, I mean, it´s normally said "Eto´o, el canterano del Madrid". If we consider them part of the youth system Madrid and Barcelona are above the rest, but if not there are some teams that tie them or even pass them.

Koeman4 said:
Athletic is giving good players now. Thay are young, but their future looks good. I think you should give them time, but I trust that they can give good nights to San Mames fans during the next years. Erreala has given good players too, among them, the best one in years, Xabi Alonso, IMO. The work has given result, singing good players to play with them like Nihat, Kavacevic or Westerveld... although it's so strange to me to see the Basque's teams with problems in the GK place. Aranzubía is good news for you.
Yes, in fact we´ve been searching for a great gk for 20 years and now all come at the same time.:rolleyes: Escalona is good and Mandaluniz will be a great goalkeeper in the future. Aranzubia has a bright future in Athletic, if he wants, he´s a typicall basque style gk. Erreala has Asier Riesgo who if not next year, will take the place in 2 years time. He´s very good although still has to improve some things. In Osasuna Sanzol is doing very well and in Alavés they have a guy called Gaspercic, but on this topic Alavés looks more like a galician team.:eek: Fortunately we are recovering the level of basque gks.

barça said:
Indeed Valeron came from there and that is why I started to think about this again. I remember articles talking about the irony of Las Palmas, always coming with great players (young Jorge of Atletico, whom I rate very high is also from Las Palmas), selling them yet always having financial trouble.
Also Guayre or Rubén. True, they form great players but as Koeman4 said about Betis and Sevilla, I don´t know if it´s a tradition or just for their economical problems.

·
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
That was the purpose of my second question, do you differ from them, I mean, it´s normally said "Eto´o, el canterano del Madrid". If we consider them part of the youth system Madrid and Barcelona are above the rest, but if not there are some teams that tie them or even pass them.

Yes, in fact we´ve been searching for a great gk for 20 years and now all come at the same time.:rolleyes: Escalona is good and Mandaluniz will be a great goalkeeper in the future. Aranzubia has a bright future in Athletic, if he wants, he´s a typicall basque style gk.
mmm.... it depends on how many years they've had the player. For example, I don't consider Motta as players of our B team, he came here with 16-17 years old. The same we can say about Eto'o and Real Madrid. But Iniesta, although he shown his skills in that Brunete tournament we all know, he has been playing in Barcelona youth system during 8 years or so. A big part of what this player is now, it has been the fruits of our work with him, IMO.

About Aranzubía... it was time for you to have a good GK, the last 2 big GKs we have had seem to be long ago (Urruti and Zubi). When are you going to give us Aranzubia? :D Just to give the chance to those young GKs you are talking about. :rolleyes:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Koeman4 said:
About Aranzubía... it was time for you to have a good GK, the last 2 big GKs we have had seem to be long ago (Urruti and Zubi). When are you going to give us Aranzubia? :D Just to give the chance to those young GKs you are talking about. :rolleyes:
:howler::finger:

We give you Lafuente if you want..:rolleyes::D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts