Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every season,at this time of year,an award is given to the fans' choice of best youth player at AS ROMA.The award is in commemoration of our great,and much loved Captain,Agostino Di Bartolomei.Now,all the Xtraime Romanistas can make their choice.Just click on the link,VOTE

Let us know which player and why you picked them. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sinoy1 said:
dood i think we all know....curci...i dont even have to explain my self for that one....
I would agree too.Yet,some might say Virga or Cerci etc.will be our best child prodigy at AS ROMA.Everybody has a different view.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I didn't vote because Okaka isn't on the list for some reason and imo he would definitely have to be the best find of the season. Not that I ever get the chance to see the youth team play, but even just reading results you get the feeling he is something special for his age.

He hasn't had much of a go in the primavera yet as far as I know but when he got a chance at the prestigious Torneo di Viareggio he became the youngest scorer in the tournaments history and has piled up the goals with the Allievi so far this year. Anyway i think he is starting to get a chance in the primavera side now with Cerci out and I read that he even started the derby vs Lazio last week too.

Apparently he was on the bench for the Udinese match in Serie A last week :eekani:. I know that we have problems with squad depth, but if a 15 year old can make it into the first team then he must have really have something going for him :)

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
but virga only played for one game and did pretty swell...cerci was alrite especially comming from the youth squad so early....but in all honesty curci was the surprisement of the year. the guy is fearless and only 19 and is showing cat like reflexes...he just needs to improve in the summer and we have our NUMBER 1 keeper ^___^. but your rite everybody has a different opinion

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
It's good news if Curci can stand and deliver for us, and in the "right now" perspective he's obviously the better find. But what is really impressive with Okaka is the way that he is carving it up and being promoted throught the ranks so easily. Curci got his chance mainly because Peli and Zotti are unreliable for a few reasons and if he turns out to be good :thumbsup:, but for a 15 year old to get into the first team :star:...I hope the club can keep Chel$ki and Arsenal away from him :fero: ;)

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
In the primavera its been Simonetta for me, but Curci is obviously the 1 who has done well in our first team out of all of them.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Deano, do you have Roma Channel, or how do you follow the primavera games?
I have seen em play twice last season(Cerci impressed in both) on RC, but not in the current one.Simonetta only in the pres-season games so far.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
To be honest I dont follow Roma primavera. I just saw the viareggio mainly this year so obviously my vote is not the best. I just feel SImonetta has done well to score virtually a goal per game in the primavera. Corvia did this also so maybe its not the best to judge. I think Simonetta can have a future but should be loaned first, maybe like Corvia should have been.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Who's this Simone Palermo I've been hearing about? Haven't seen him play but heard quite a bit. Born in 1988, he made the U17 national team. Anyone know anything about him? Also, I hear that Rosi is playing in the first team now. Haven't seen him play either. Info?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Just read my post from way back, and I think I should say that Curci could be Roma's number one and Italy's number one for a while. Virga could just be a good to really good player, or at least better than De Rossi, is what I meant.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What happened to Vincenzo Sarno? He isn't in any of the youth teams now. Did he go astray?

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
wheres cerci and simmonetta?? i read that roma beat juve for a historic cup but they werent playing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
sinoy1 said:
wheres cerci and simmonetta?? i read that roma beat juve for a historic cup but they werent playing.
Cerci is in the first team and Simonetta got loaned out to some Serie B team (can't quite remember the name.)

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Cerci is in the italy U19 squad. He deserves a chance I think, but isnt quite getting it. 2 years ago I heard he was the best thing since sliced bread and yet here we are and hes only ever played 5 minutes v Inter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts