Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aggy said:
how is Adam Hammill doing for Southampton?
Isn't he on loan from Liverpool?

I don't know much about the young players in the Championship. The reason why I created the thread. Wondering if anyone had the knowledge to fill me in.

deathclaw said:
wow, what a great thread.
wow, what a great contribution.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Last season I could have told you, not been paying much attention this time around, after watching Derby I don't want to watch anymore football for at least a week :howler:

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
I'd like to nominate tractor boys Danny Haynes (fastest player in the league) and Owen Garvan (1mph StevieG), both U21s for their respective countries

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
There was a feature on it in a programme at i think it was the West Brom game. Apparently there was a competetion in the Championship for some kind of charity fund, all players at all clubs were offered to take part for charity, things like fastest sprint, hardest striker of the ball, quickest reflexes (GKs), fittest on the bleep test etc... i mean obviously it's not conclusive as it was a one-off study, but it was an interesting read, if i can find something about it on the net i'll post a link.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I heard Patrick Agyemang is the fastest player in the league.

However- Mattock and Haynes are both good shouts. Billy Jones is still U21, despite being around for a while now- good player.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
There are plenty of quality young players in the Championship.

At Burnely you have Mark Randall who is very young but looks like a future england international playmaker, Kyle Lafferty w is a big guy and who has a nice touch and Chris McCann is a very dynamic box to box player with a sweet left foot. All 3 could step up and play in the premier league. Maybe Randall is a bit young.

At preston you got Billy Jones who is a tough comitted defender who seems to have been talked about forever but never made the move up.

At Stoke, Ryan Shawcross if they don't get promoted this season will leave them for a Premier League club.

Wolves have plenty of young talent. Hennessey isn't ready for the big league yet but he has plenty of potential. Kightley is a very direct committed player but Im unsure he could make the step up to the premier league. Keogh is quick but one of the best players techncially in the league but he is still very raw. Darren Gibson is the best of the lot in my opinion. Strong commited centre midfielder who is strong technically and is very good on both his feet.

These are just some of the players who could step up if premier league clubs started to invest a bit more in English talent

1 - 14 of 14 Posts