Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to start this thread to hear your opinion about the best basques of the future! I would like to mention also non-basque but eligible for Athletic anyway. All players has to be 21 years old or under....

make your choices!

GK: Kepa Arrizabalaga

RB: Jonas Ramalho
CB: Ameryc Laporte
CB: Jon Aurtenetxe
LB: Eric Saborit

RM: José Garcia
CM: Ruben Pardo
CM: Ager Aketxe
LM: Iker Muniain

CF: Iker Hernandez
CF: Inaki Williams

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Probably people missing and athletic-biased but oh well..

Kepa Arrizabalaga (ATH)
Ander Bardaji (RSO)
Frédéric Gotte (MON)

Ramalho (GIR) - Laporte (ATH) - Aurtenetxe (CEL) - Saborit (ATH)
Zaldua (RSO) - Bustinza (ATH) - Yeray (ATH)- Arellano (FCB)

Rubén Pardo (RSO)
Kevin Rodrigues (TOU)

Iker Muniain (ATH) - Iñigo Ruiz de Galarreta (MIR) - Ager Aketxe (ATH)
Iker Guarrotxena (ATH) - Unai López (ATH) - Kike Barja (OSA)

Guillermo Fernández (ATH) - Iker Hernández (RSO)
Marco Sangalli (RSO) - Asier Villalibre (ATH)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
No place yet for a prospect like Williams for example?

Unfortunately I haven't got enough knowledge about this but I'm interested to read GT84's opinion :).

@Iribar, I never heard of the kids from Iparralde. I see Gotte has been called in the past for the Finnish (!) U17 side. He's born in Iparralde I guess? Any more info on him? Is he a big talent, and how did he end up at Monaco?

And what about Rodrigues. See he comes from Bayonne and made his first appearance for Toulouse, let's hope he can develop himself well there.

With both Aviron and Anglet playing just at the 5th level in the French football pyramid, and Aviron even in danger of going down again, it seems unlikely there will be some more talent from Iparralde soon.
Perhaps Athletic should invest somewhat more in Aviron to bring them up to at least the 3rd level? Have to admit I don't know at which level their youth teams play. On the other hand, almost every talented kid probably prefers rugby instead of football I guess...?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What about Aritz Elustondo, Capilla and Sanz from Real Sociedad, Cantero and José Garcia from Osasuna and Einar from Alaves?

I've red a few months ago that Athletic was interested in Einar (CB). any idea if they're good or not?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have no idea Knoert, only seen the BA players more than a couple of games. Outside the players named by Iribar I've been impressed by the BA players Markel Etxeberria (defender right), Iñigo Eguaras (defensive midfield), Iker Undabarrena (attacking or central midfield) and Ander Capa (right winger at Eibar).

Don't forget Sabin Merino or Mario Barcos (both can play both wings and striker) names though, they have potential and more than just technique. José García as Gorka mentions has already played four games for Osasuna, hard to believe he's 16 (17 now) when seeing him play.

Saw some good details in Txema Pan (forward in Amorebieta) and Joseba García (central midfielder in Barakaldo, rumored for Athletic) when they played BA, only a few minutes though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking that players like Javi Martinez, Laporte and Muniain were regular in Athletic's line up when they were 18-19 years old, plus they were in the spanish (french for Laporte) national youth teams from under 17 alreday.

But hey we're talking about some of the best. Let's pick Susaeta or San José or De Marcos. Lower level than the other 3 in my opinion but anyway they were regular in the line up at 21 and joined the national team as under 20.

Now most of the players in Bilbao Athletic are already 21 or 22 and never played yet a single game with Athletic. If they were that good maybe they would have been already in our first team.

On the opposite side Kepa, Aketxe and Unai Lopez are in the spanish youth teams and this means a lot. Same for Bardaj and Iker Hernandez from Real Sociedad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts