·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal - Chelsea

Barca - Real

Milan - Juve

-------
Out of the top three leagues I watch, Arsenal-Chelsea was the best game out of the three. :thmbup:

Barca- Real was good but it was very one-sided

Milan - Juve wasn't too far behind. Great game. Milan had an upper hand and bossed Juve in their own stadium.

If this is anything to go by, serie A is the lowest of the top 3 leagues in europe. Milan-Juve, Inter-Milan all 0-0. Big teams almost always beat small ones in Italy. In Spain and England he've had lots of upsets already. Teams like Boro, Porstmouth,Everton, Bolton are no longer push overs.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
CMBurns said:
If this is anything to go by, serie A is the lowest of the top 3 leagues in europe. Milan-Juve, Inter-Milan all 0-0. Big teams almost always beat small ones in Italy. In Spain and England he've had lots of upsets already. Teams like Boro, Porstmouth,Everton, Bolton are no longer push overs.
These two 0-0 games are the exception and you failed to mention the Inter-Juve 2-2 game. Been several goals in all top games in Italy for several years. I don't see where there have been more upsets in England and Spain compared to Italy tough. Check the statistics for Barcelona, Chelsea and Juve and you will see that it is roughly the same.

·
Registered
46,394 Posts
CMBurns said:
Arsenal - Chelsea

Barca - Real

Milan - Juve

-------
Out of the top three leagues I watch, Arsenal-Chelsea was the best game out of the three. :thmbup:

Barca- Real was good but it was very one-sided

Milan - Juve wasn't too far behind. Great game. Milan had an upper hand and bossed Juve in their own stadium.

If this is anything to go by, serie A is the lowest of the top 3 leagues in europe.
:dazed: :eekani:

Brilliant! :thmbup: :rolleyes:

Milan-Juve, Inter-Milan all 0-0. Big teams almost always beat small ones in Italy. In Spain and England he've had lots of upsets already.
Oh well, then Inter collected 12 draws vs Juventus and Milan, I guess.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
other good 2-2 draws were bayern v Stuttgart and Borussia Dortmund v Bayern.
Tottenham 4 Arsenal 5 may not have made Mourinho wobble, but what a game!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I think the Arsenal-Chelsea game was the best game of football in Europe this season, played in a great spirit with both teams giving everything and easily the highest tempo of any game so far, relentless pace for a full 90 minutes. :star:

the worst for me was the Chelsea v United game, completely dull encounter of attack v defence as Chelsea didn't even attempt to make a game just hang onto the 1-0 lead, only the 1st game of the season so there is an excuse, but the game was dire.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
The best was Barcelona 3 - Madrid 0 :D

In all seriousness one of the best game in Spain this year, was the Athletic - Barcelona game. Just an awesome game.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
barça said:
In all seriousness one of the best game in Spain this year, was the Athletic - Barcelona game. Just an awesome game.
That Athletic-Barcelona was amazing, a tribute to football in a great stadium. A real classic. :thmbup:

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
CMBurns said:
In Spain and England he've had lots of upsets already. Teams like Boro, Porstmouth,Everton, Bolton are no longer push overs.
there were in Italia also, like Milan - Messina 1:2, than Juve's defeat at Reggina... and Inter has drawn lots of games.
Than u can also see Palermo, Udinese, Lecce, Sampdoria...they are all top of the league, while some big names like Lazio and Parma are strugglin.

So far, I liked Roma - Inter, fantastic match

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
barça said:
The best was Barcelona 3 - Madrid 0 :D

soo one sided man,, :thmbdown:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Man these threads are really starting to kill me.

The EPL is definitely the best because Chelsea and Arsenal produced a great match while Milan and Juve was worse, completely ignoring how bad Arsenal and Man U was and how great Juve and Inter was.

This and all the other ways you guys try is not the way to determine the best league. In fact no one can really say for sure so just stop this bs before I destroy my computer!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Inter-Juve (mostly for the great Nerazzurri comeback) and Roma-Inter were the best Serie A encounters I've seen so far.

Barca-Real Madrid was pure domination by the Catalans so that wasn't very exciting.

Can't tell you about the EPL, as I was not dishing 15 bucks for teams I don't care about. Everton-Liverpool was alright though, if only because Everton hadn't beat 'Pool in such a long time.

·
63,337 Posts
Deano said:
Man these threads are really starting to kill me.

The EPL is definitely the best because Chelsea and Arsenal produced a great match while Milan and Juve was worse, completely ignoring how bad Arsenal and Man U was and how great Juve and Inter was.

This and all the other ways you guys try is not the way to determine the best league. In fact no one can really say for sure so just stop this bs before I destroy my computer!

I think it's only CM Burns trying to decide the best Leagues, most og the other guys are just discussing good and bad games.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Best game of each league I have seen:

English: Arsenal v Chelsea and Liverpool v Arsenal

Italian: Roma-Inter, Inter-MIlan (yes the 0-0) and Lazio-Lecce

Spanish: I dont care to watch football where no one tackles each other.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
England: Arsenal v Chelsea

Italy: Lazio v Lecce (Shocking defending, considering the reputation we have)

Spain: Barca v Madrid (Great to see los galaticos get stuffed)

·
Registered
60,318 Posts
Deano said:
Best game of each league I have seen:

English: Arsenal v Chelsea and Liverpool v Arsenal

Italian: Roma-Inter, Inter-MIlan (yes the 0-0) and Lazio-Lecce

Spanish: I dont care to watch football where no one tackles each other.
I agree with all the games that you mentioned barr the Liverpool - Arsenal game. That was one dreadful match. Arsenal played like shit for the entire match and Liverpool didn't do much in terms of creating goal-scoring chances. The best thing about the game was Mellor's late strike. :shades:

Class. :star:

·
63,337 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
The best thing about the game was Mellor's late strike. :shades:

Class. :star:
no way, Mellor's strike was good and crucial, but for pure football, the best was the Arsenal goal, my favourite goal of the season so far and if it loses goal of the month to some longshot then there is something wrong.

·
Registered
60,318 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
no way, Mellor's strike was good and crucial, but for pure football, the best was the Arsenal goal, my favourite goal of the season so far and if it loses goal of the month to some longshot then there is something wrong.
Yeah that was one great team goal. :star: But you guys bag similar goals all the time (at least when I get to watch Arsenal play.)

But Mellor's strike was awesome. It won the game with only 6 seconds remaining and it was the kid's first ever Premiership goal. If that's not the game's greatest moment then I don't know what is. ;) :shades:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts