Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the best&worst deals made from the summer so far this season.Please explain who you think has made the best transfers&why you think so?.

I thought this could make for a nice topic of discussion,my apologies if a thread has already been started:D.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Juve had the best mercato, Tevez and the refs are doing great so far.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Higuain cost a fortune but eight goals and some assists isn't so bad...

From Lazio, buying Felipe Anderson for 8 million seems crazy at the moment, but he must be given the benefit of a doubt after missing so much time with injuries.

·
Registered
648 Posts
What are your thoughts on the best&worst deals made from the summer so far this season.Please explain who you think has made the best transfers&why you think so?.

I thought this could make for a nice topic of discussion,my apologies if a thread has already been started:D.
From today's point of view, the best transfers are Rudi Garcia to Roma and Tevez to Juve. Rossi should be considered too. Even though he's technically a winter transfer, he's practically a new player for Fiorentina and perhaps he's the best player of the opening 13 rounds this season.
The worst one is easily Matri, followed by Gomez who due to the injury wasn't given a chance to pay back even a cent of those millions Fiorentina paid for them.
Looking long term, though, I guess the worst transfer will turn out to be someone Napoli got. My money's on Benitez, especially if he's given lots of resources to create a team. The best moves long term? I'd search for those outside the football pitch and probably find them in Milano. Thohir buying Inter, to be more precise. I think it will end up really well for Inter and for serie A eventually.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Benatia should in consideration for the best, he's been sensational. Tevez, obviously.

Kaka has been great for a free transfer. ;)

De Sanctis cost us peanuts and he's been great. Of course, he's 36, but still...

If we are counting sales, the way Lamela has played so far in England looks like an awesome deal for us.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Callejon has been a pretty good purchase so far as well.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
You guys are forgetting Bidone D'oro Matri

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
He was mentioned.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Matri definitely the worse.

If you view Rossi as a new signing, then he was the best signing. Otherwise, any one of Strootman, Gervinho, Tevez and Llorente.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
best - strootman

worst - matri

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matri for us,Belfodil for Inter maybe? you can say as not the best.Tevez,G.Rossi he counts for this season i guess,Strootman,Kaka are some successes for me.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Callejon is probably the best for me but you guys watch a lot more matches than I do. Gomez has to be about, or among, the worst (so far).

Best and worst for Fiorentina are Joaquin as best with an honorable mention to Vargas I guess. Worst is Gomez with an honorable mention for Ilicic (who I thought would be our best).

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
When I heard Higuain went to Napoli, I didn't like it a bit, not due to the club per se, in fact is fascinating for any argie to go there, but clearly Juve was the better option to go for his style of play and consolidated team.

Tevez for such money was even great even if he just joined the crowd as a fan...

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Callejon is probably the best for me but you guys watch a lot more matches than I do. Gomez has to be about, or among, the worst (so far).

Best and worst for Fiorentina are Joaquin as best with an honorable mention to Vargas I guess. Worst is Gomez with an honorable mention for Ilicic (who I thought would be our best).
Gomez unlucky&Bad luck Nicky though due to the injury so far though man:smileani:.illicic he hardly gets on the field though No?:D.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Matri, Ilicic, Belfodil and Icardi were poor transfers from the get-go. If you knew the players, you didn't have to wait to find out how the transfers would pan out. Most knew Matri, Icardi and Belfodil while Ilicic was (maybe still is) overrated.

Matri was the most expensive of the lot, so that makes his the worst transfer. Also, Ilicic, Belfodil and Icardi weren't brought in as starters. Matri was, LOL.

And it makes no sense nominating Gomez for worst transfer 'cause he's injured, lol.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Matri was the most expensive of the lot, so that makes his the worst transfer. Also, Ilicic, Belfodil and Icardi weren't brought in as starters. Matri was, LOL.
That's why those responsible for the Matri transfer are losing their jobs.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Luca Toni at Verona definitely more a success than failure:D.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts