Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
The bald stocky guy is the worst. He blows at nearly every small thing and tries his hardest it seems to disrupt the flow of the game in most games I see. Its like watching Serie A.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
The best referee is a really hard question to answer for one simple reason - when the referee has a good game, you usually don't notice him/who he is.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Clattenburg, Bennett and riley worst .Bennett makes a point of never giving Ronaldo freekicks, i assume because he dives sometimes and as he can't tell the difference between whats a foul and what isn't he desides to play safe and not give him a freekick ever.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Clattenburg is actually quite good. He keeps up with play extrmely well (he was as fast as Henry IIRC), good positions and quite good with the players.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It must be so hard for United never getting decisions. Those plucky underdogs could do with some luck every now and then.
Yes their are some refs in the PL that take the attitude that since its the great carlos Tevez and its only a Wigan player who could never legally take the ball off him its always a United freekick but their are other refs (like Bennett and Clattenberg) who make a point of not giving free kicks to us because they don't want to be seen as favoring the big club, theres only a couple of refs in England that call a game as they see it.

Rennie on the other hand seems to toss a coin in his mind when ever a desision needs making.

·
Registered
69,349 Posts
for me, Clattenberg is alright. When I saw him in the UEFA Cup match between Dinamo and Ajax I thought he was excellent, though to be fair, I have not seen much of him in the EPL

Rob Styles for me is the worst

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Opinions of Koumas sending off?

For me, definite red. Terrible tackle which was more about not hurting himself than any regard for Cahil.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Agreed Mutu. I can recall a sending off earlier in the season for a rash tackle that didn't connect. If its dangerous play, then why wait and see if it connects before punishment?

·
Registered
69,349 Posts
Howard Webb is going to Euro 2008

is Styles still a referee? I think he was the ref for the Liverpol - Chelsea game early in the year. Well, he is terrible, especially back in 2002 :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts