Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember a better world cup really...

Lot's of goals, great attacking football for most games and hosted in Brazil of all places :thumbsup:

My previous favorite was 1998

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Could do without some of these Mexican waves though in the games.

Thought the Brazilians wouldn't stoop to such things ;)

But I suppose we are near enough to the land of it's inception and USA World Cup was full of them as well.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Great tournament so far but we will only be able to tell once it's all over on July 13th.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Get a grip people! These threads on whether it's the best ever before the first round, of the first round is insane!
Take a deep breath and enjoy. Let's chat agwin in July

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Get a grip people! These threads on whether it's the best ever before the first round, of the first round is insane!
Take a deep breath and enjoy. Let's chat agwin in July
Agree. Very premature thread. This tournament has every possibilty of going downhill after the first round.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Best one since 1998. Pretty much all of the big stars have turned up and done themselves justice. Also seen lots of skills and dribbling which was missing in the last couple of World Cups.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
What was so special about 1998? The 1994 and 2006 were better.

This one is shaping up nicely but it is too early to judge.

·
Registered
837 Posts
In 98 there were good performances from lots of attacking players like Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Batistuta, Bergkamp, B Laudrup. Good close matches and a lot of upsets.

·
Registered
29,308 Posts
WCs always start well, then fizzle out as we get to the knock-outs, to the point where I lose interest before the final.

Exceptions: '90 and '94 due to my age, and '06 due to Azzurri nostalgia and the sense that it was sort of a swan song for Italian football.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
For me the best were 82 and 86, a mix of nostalgia and very offensive and talented teams...this one so far is heading that way bar Sabella ultra defensive brain fart

·
Registered
34,453 Posts
WCs always start well, then fizzle out as we get to the knock-outs, to the point where I lose interest before the final.

Exceptions: '90 and '94 due to my age, and '06 due to Azzurri nostalgia and the sense that it was sort of a swan song for Italian football.
Its the other way round for me, i shall watch most (all) games in knockouts but not so much in groups. And interestingly the late kick off games been the most interesting, for instance ger-por disappointed so usa-ghana was a decent game to watch as at least it was an even contest. Was looking forward to ger-por, felt ger the favorite but thought portugal would possibly surprise. Didnt....and then the red card, disappointing.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts