Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
742 Posts
What's the problem with Forlan? why so much people dislike him so much? The guy does what he is supossed to do and more, is one of the top scorers in Spain. If you don't see him scoring in one match, he scores twice in the next and he even assists.
But then it comes the stereotyped opinion that Forlan shouldn't be good so facts are erased by tags, "Forlan, the bad player with funny hair".

Today we have a good example, 2 goals and one assist in a 4-0 victory. You go to the match thread and you can't find a single mention to Forlan. When someone talks about Forlan is for justifying the "bad player tag". Which in most cases are just a "he is bad" because you want him to be.

If you are objective (by results and play) Riquelme and Forlan are the best.

· Registered
742 Posts
Is not the first case that the playmaker is as good as the striker that validates his actions.
I'm sure Forlan wouldn't have this good moment without Riquelme and I'm also sure Riquelme wouldn't have this good time without Forlan.

If you miss many chances and still you are a top scorer only means that you have a very good sense of goal.

Maybe would be better to have the same amount of goals and less missed chances so people wouldn't have that scapegoat.

· Registered
742 Posts
And Forlan has created by himself many goals, is not just a tapper or a fisher.
Riquelmes goal today, for example, was a very nice play by Forlan, well understood by Riquelme.
The first goal against Barca was created by Forlan, Riquelme made the assist, the play waws started by Forlan, again Riquelme understood the idea. But in that case he was not the playmaker, Forlan was.

· Registered
742 Posts
That's a respectable opinion, I don't argue that.
What I don't understand is people that say that Forlan is bad and can't see the facts that denie that.

Not mentioning Forlan in a match where he had a first role is being biased against a player.
Seeing people that don't think Forlan is between the 4th best players in this team is just crazy. I would even argue people that don't think he is between the 2 best players in this team. But not even beetween the 4th best is just being against him without foundation. This is just incredible.

· Registered
742 Posts
Please Fangio don't misunderstood, it's not against you. It's against the general opinion that many people have against Forlan.

· Registered
742 Posts
Lehuynhduc said:
Sometimes, Forlan remind me of the first time I played pool. I didn't know how to aim so I just hit the cue ball as hard as I could and knock others balls around the table hoping I would get 1 in the pocket. ;) Sometimes, I got crazy results that way, but most of the times I missed.
Typical "he is just lucky" excuse.
It's funny how people always choose the most unnatural explanation to facts. Maybe he is the second top scorer in la Liga because some alien got inside his body. And if I remember well he got to this score without the help of penalties.

The obvious natural explanation is that Forlan is good, it's quite simple.

But that would go against his tag. And when someone has a tag in any aspect of life it's very difficult to get rid of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.