• Semih Senturk

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post a poll to see who would be picked the cream of the crop.
You have 3 options, so we'll be able to pick teh first 3.
This was an interesting team, we never really had one consistent performer. The line ups changed alot, and a different player shone in each match.

I personally picked Hamit Altintop. Once Terim finally decided to move him midfield (being the tactical genius he is :D ), he became a beast. While defendign perfectly, he also played as a midfield playmaker, distributed balls, assisted goals, dribbled past opponents and created openings.

Hamit, to me, has really come a long way. He has become a versatile midfielder, in a few more years, I hope he will be mentioned with the likes of Pirlo and Gerrard (no kidding, Im serious)..

My second best choice is Nihat Kahveci. His team spirit, the way he lead the team, battled up front and was clinical despite not getting the ball enough, his assists and goals under pressure, was enough to prove his worth as one of the worlds best forwards. Had he accompanied by a Tekke or a Halil, I think he would've done better. Terim, being the genius he is, left him all alone up front, and he managed to shine, despite all that.

My third best choice is Servet Cetin. He is a warrior. I wish Terim had picked Toroman to pair with him, they wouldve made a perfect duo.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
1. Servet
2. Sabri
3. Semih

:proud:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I havent been able to activate the 3 options thingie with the poll, unless another moderator friend wants to take a jab at it and fix it up, we'll be able to pick only one, but you can post the top 3 in your messages :)

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
- hamit altintop, class :thmbup:
- semih senturk
- nihat/ arda

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
What a nearly impossible vote. There were really 3 'phases' of top performances as you went from match to match. First it was Servet, then it was Arda, then it was Altintop/Nihat, the probably Semih "the lifeguard"

I'm voting Servet for his unbelievable toughness and fantastic defensive play. He basically fought until he couldn't walk anymore! :fero:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Without a doubt it's Hamit. What a class player.

·
*the drum drum*
42,895 Posts
Servet was great in all three of his matches, but missed two due to injury.

Hamit (my choice) was pretty much one of the best 2-3 players on the pitch in every single match he played, I'm not so sure if he was even THE best in any single game, but he was always one of them.

Tuncay was woeful in his first two games but came good against the Czech Rep., and then ran the midfield against Croatia. If he wasn't suspended for basically no reason, I was 100% sure that he would've torn it up against the Germans.

I wasn't all that impressed by Nihat, only in the Czech game and not because of his goals but because of his leadership. Even if someone else scored those two goals, we'd have been able to say Nihat won that match. Circumstances just didn't permit, and I don't want to mention him on the basis that he 'done well under circumstances'.

So I'd go;
1- Hamit
2- Servet
3- Arda

Honourable mentions - Tuncay, Semih, Nihat (as a captain figure)

Not impressed at all by - Emre A., Sabri, Rustu, Hakan Balta, Kuzen Kazeem Kazeem

Encouraged for the future by - Emre G., Ugur Boral

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
...hopefully Klisnmann will feel the same ;)

·
Master Debater
20,745 Posts
I too voted for Hamit, Hamit is always afew notches above the rest of the players.

After Hamit I'd go with Servet and Arda.

Honorable mentions.

Topal, although he didn't play every game this kid really stepped it up big time when we needed him. He was a rock at defensive midfield in one game and then did a solid job at CB in the last game. Good one to watch for the future.

Ayhan, only played one game but man did he do his job. He must have been rusty and nervous but he came to ball.

Tuncay, horrid first two games but he really turned it on. His performance against Croatia was breath taking and he showed once more than his passion can really turn a game upside down. I love this guy.

Emre Asik, yes Emre Asik. Even though he was by far one of the worst players in the tournament he hung in there and did the best he could. Rumbling fumbling stumbling he kept us in games. It was Terim's fault for having him on the pitch but the guy seriously did everything he could possibly do with his limited talent. On a side note, I never want to see him on the pitch ever again lol

Semih, well Semih is Semih. Not a very good player in my opinion but he always seems to get the job done, he saved our arses more than afew times.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
1. Nihat
2. Servet
3. Hamit

I think all picks are self-explanatory.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Hamit for sure. Awesome performance, great versatility, such a joker card for us. Great great player.

It would've been a close call between him, Arda and Servet, but because the latter missed games, and Hamit just played consistantly well, and played in all games, i'm going to give it to him.

Volkan could've been one too if he didn't do the retarded thing.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
So many great performances but for me Hamit was a rock. In all honesty, I hope he eventually captains the side. He's not at Bayern for nothing after all.

Servet surprised me too and his stocks risen in Europe too. I used to hate the way he was rash and got silly booking but he seems to have matured so much in the last year. Loved it when a commentator referred to him as the 'grizzly' defender! :D

Volkan too was fantastic until he was fantastically stupid... But who knows, maybe if he was in goal against Croatia, we may have lost...

Semih, haha - top scorer and I think this could also be the making of him. Very cold blooded and really plays like a European born Turk (I know what I mean :D).

Tuncay, although not perfect in some games, works tirelessly and was the fighting Tuncay we know.

Man I could go on and on... so many heroes!

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I like the Poll but we should be able to pick 5 players no? I nominate, Hamit, Arda, Tuncay, Servet and Volkan. These 5 plus Nihat were the backbone of this team :strong:

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I picked Hamit (played out of his mind, and is a natural playmaker it seems) but I didnt think it would be such a landslide :googly:

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Arda def! Hamit was awesome, but both Croatia and Germany game he did some stupid things, like not being able to reach the ball after 1-2 with Nihat, or making a mistake when Germans scored their first goal. Nonetheless, he was class. But Arda was something different. Swiss game, whenever he had the ball he did magic. He made us advance from the group. He scored first and most important goal vs. Czech. He simply played some class football, both worth watching and tactically correct.

Maybe I wasn't expecting this much from him, that is why my vote goes to Arda.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts