Xtratime Community banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Zico had a superb touch on the ball and a great passing range, but he isn't in the top bracket in technique.
Zico may not possess the ‘grace’ of Zidane, the ‘fluid’ mastery on the ball as Baggio, or the ‘ball skills’ of Ronaldinho but very few can match his complete football technique. That’s why he must be in the top bracket.

Passing, shooting, first touch, turning, volleys, ball control, dribbling, free kicks...
Football technique is a range (of which you could say Zico is one of the greatest in each facet).

·
Registered
79,623 Posts
For me there were 4 players with God given technique. Messi, Maradona, Zidane and Cryuff. Purely on natural technique. If I had to pick one it would be Maradona.

But I'll give a name you may not have heard of. Vincze Ottó has technique that is just other worldly. Barcelona did buy him but he never made it out of the 'B' team. I made a video of his touches, goals, assists and people thought he was going to be a world star. The problem was similar to Le Tissier... But many games he'd do jack and then put in a MOTM performance or score a wonder goal to win a game. Back in 2004 Matthäus said 'here's your chance' in a must win home match against Bulgaria. He really turned it on in the first half. Looked amazing... Received high praise at HT. Didn't even touch the ball in the 2nd half. He was taken off early. He completely ran out of gas.

·
Read Only
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
An updated list of the top 15 players with the best technique ever:
1. Maradona
2. Zidane
3. Ronaldinho
4. Baggio
5. Bergkamp
6. Magico Gonzalez
7. Cassano
8. Stojkovic
9. Messi
10 Isco
11. Francescoli
12. Romario
13. Recoba
14. Ibrahimovic
15. Zico.

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,049 Posts
The lack of Messi in these threads 😂.
Whether it it is first touch, shooting, passing, dribbling or free kicks(in recent years) he is top drawer in every category.

·
1st Tier Poster
51,538 Posts
An updated list of the top 15 players with the best technique ever:
1. Maradona
2. Zidane
3. Ronaldinho
4. Baggio
5. Bergkamp
6. Magico Gonzalez
7. Cassano
8. Stojkovic
9. Messi
10 Isco
11. Francescoli
12. Romario
13. Recoba
14. Ibrahimovic
15. Zico.
one name doesn't belong here...

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
Glad to see Recobinho get recognized. 😎

·
Registered
42 Posts
1. Saturno
2. Palermo
3. "Wanchope" Abila
4. Nelson Vivas
5. Crespo
6. Isco
7. Magico Gonzalez
8. Andrés Guglielminpietro
9. Julio "Gardener" Cruz
10. Hagi

·
Registered
42 Posts
In terms of technique, I think Zico should be in any first bracket ever.
que ganas de gastar pólvora en chimangos... no puso a Pele y puso a Cassano, al Mágico y a Isco...querer explicarle la técnica y habilidad de Zico es como tratar de peinar a Trump, imposible.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts