Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Read Only
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you rate as the best technical players ever?
Maradona is number 1 for me then(in no particular order): Zidane, Cassano,Bergkamp, Baggio, Ronaldinho. These IMO belong in a top 10 technical players ever.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Carsten Jancker

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
You don't think Cassano belongs in a top 10 ever in technique? His first touch sas the best ever.

Based on what? His own opinion? Cassano is surely skilled but there have been thousands players with similar skills (and indeed better skills) in the history of football. And his shooting and free kicking skills are all but sublime.

·
Read Only
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't think Cassano belongs in a top 10 ever in technique? His first touch sas the best ever.

Based on what? His own opinion? Cassano is surely skilled but there have been thousands players with similar skills (and indeed better skills) in the history of football. And his shooting and free lkicking skills are all but sublime.
His finishing is his only weakness.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Andy Carroll

·
Read Only
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Based on what? His own opinion? Cassano is surely skilled but there have been thousands players with similar skills (and indeed better skills) in the history of football. And his shooting and free kicking skills are all but sublime.
He has a phenomenal touch on the ball and is a great passer. I can't believe you said there are thousands with similar skills.

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
He has a phenomenal touch on the ball and is a great passer. I can't believe you said there are thousands with similar skills.
In history.
I hope you understand that Cassano can't be considered the peak of over a hundred years of international football just because we like to think that no one else on the planet in over a century has touched the ball the way he could.

·
Administrator
53,305 Posts
Cassano's skills on the ball were better then Totti's.
But Totti was technically a better player. Re-read his post. Totti could do more difficult things in technical level both in passing and shooting, that was ridicolous. Technique is not just who looks like he has most flair/dazzling dribbling style.

P.S I'm not nominating Totti for this thread, but him > Cassano. Baggio, Totti and Del Piero all in higher level technically then Cassano, and not just career wise. Cassano allways got too overly romantizised for having flair and exaggerated talent.

·
Read Only
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cassano's skills on the ball were better then Totti's.
But Totti was technically a better player. Re-read his post. Totti could do more difficult things in technical level both in passing and shooting, that was ridicolous. Technique is not just who looks like he has most flair/dazzling dribbling style.

P.S I'm not nominating Totti for this thread, but him > Cassano. Baggio, Totti and Del Piero all in higher level technically then Cassano, and not just career wise. Cassano allways got too overly romantizised for having flair and exaggerated talent.
For me technique equals the touch you have on the ball. In passing Cassano could pull of some difficult things. Who would you put as the top 10 technical players ever?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts