Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys think is so far teh best in Europe...... and who do you think will be able to go all the way in their respective leagues an i the Champions League?

I think Juventus look the most serious title contender for teh CL.... tehy have the team, squad, manager, formation , history and the iron guts to go all the way.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Most consistant? Juventus.
Most entertaining? Barcelona and pre-November, Arsenal.

I think the CL will come down to one of three: Juventus, Barcelona and Inter.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
It's necessary to include Chelsea in this for sure.

They started out being rock solid, and now they've added goals in numbers.

So far I think Barca has clearly been playing the better football and Chelsea and Juve have been the most solid.

For me it's Barca, Chelsea, Juve and Milan- with Inter, Arsenal and perhaps Bayern as outside shots.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
I think Juventus look the most serious title contender for teh CL.... tehy have the team, squad, manager, formation , history and the iron guts to go all the way.
Juve has the history indeed.
Out of 27 scudetti, they've reached 7 European Cup/Champion's League finals & won 2 (one suspected of doping) decided by PKs

I rest my case.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
ilgenio said:
Juve has the history indeed.
Out of 27 scudetti, they've reached 7 European Cup/Champion's League finals & won 2 (one suspected of doping) decided by PKs

I rest my case.
......oh here we go again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Khimik, you've put Inter in your top three....Inter? INTER?

To answer your questions, Ze, Juve, Barca and Chelsea have quite evidently been the stronger teams in thier respective leagues. As for CL (which is nothing more than a pot of luck) if these three have all thier players fit for crucial games and then it it'll be one of these three picking up the CL.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Paris said:
Khimik, you've put Inter in your top three....Inter? INTER?
Yes, I did. I think they're more likely to win the CL (they'll make the semi's, IMO) than they are to ever win the Scudetto. They won't win that and while they may be Inter, they do have the quality and man-power to win it.

Certainly more likely to win it than we are.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
khimik said:
Yes, I did. I think they're more likely to win the CL (they'll make the semi's, IMO) than they are to ever win the Scudetto. They won't win that and while they may be Inter, they do have the quality and man-power to win it.

Certainly more likely to win it than we are.
I would give Arsenal a better shot to win it since they have been successful in years past in various competitions. More than Inter.

·
Registered
66,965 Posts
11 more scudetti then ur team hasilgenio, and 12 more by the end of this year most likely, not to mention a much better team overall than Milan.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Hmm, this sounds like a bunch of questions in one.

As to who I think has been the strongest teams within their respective leagues, it's fairly obvious it's Chelski, Juve, and Barca.

As to whether these teams will go on and win their league/Champions League, I don't know. Out of the three, Chelsea stand the best shot. Barcelona have been nothing short of mesmerising at times, but the London outfit have ridiculous depth, something Barcelona can't claim at all. Juventus stand an okay chance.

I think all three will win their respective leagues, but when it comes to the Champions League, I don't think any of them will take it. While Chelsea do have the depth, they lack the experience to win. I think a team like Manchester United stand a much better chance. A team of great talent but who struggled early in the season, will just be hitting their stride at the time when the Champions League is at it's most vital moments. These kinds of teams also have the benefit of not really chasing the league as unless things change suddenly, they will realistically lose hope of the league soon, leaving them able to concentrate on the cups and CL.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Inter are the only team unbeaten in domestic and Champions' Leagues, so I wouldn't write them off.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yeah but we draw all the damn time..thats not any better than losing

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Germinal Beerschot!, umm, just kidding. I think Chelsea. Juve are very consistent, but I think either chelsea or barcelona.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts