Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name your top 5:

1- Manchester City- THE most loyal fanbase.

2- West Ham- Pulling in 35,000 crowds against Rotherham, and usually selling our away games allocation, including taking 3000 to Crewe on a Tuesday night. The older fans may also remember the infamous 4-0 semi-final defeat by Notts Forest at Villa Park.

3- West Brom- Loudest, inventive chants, decent blokes to boot.

4- Portsmouth- Very impressed with them last night, proper raucous working class support.

5- Newcastle- Loud, no need for the fat blokes to get their kit off though. Night out in Geordieland with the miniskirt wearing lasses always a laugh. Unless you get petrol-bombed.

Worst- Arsenal. Despite being 5-0 up and with the supposedly "hardcore" away support present, they couldn't even muster any decent chants despite the Pompey fans trying to stir up an atmosphere. Worse than Spurs, and that's saying something.

EDIT: Changed my mind.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Portsmouth fans were very impressive last night. Hats off to them :cool:

I can't really comment, but from what I've heard here and there, Ironic's list seems pretty reasonable to me. :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Prince-O said:
Portsmouth fans were very impressive last night. Hats off to them :cool:

I remember saying that in the pub, Pride Park would have been empty if we were 5-0 down, my hat comes of also.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
The atmosphere at St James Park has been very poor this year. In terms of numbers they're still as good as any though. How about Hull instead?

Worst for me is Fulham. There's really no excuse for a London based, established Premiership club to have such poor support. Arsenal were very poor yesterday, but I think there's been a marked improvement in the atmosphere at Highbury this year.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Is this the same Manchester City who cannot sell out their home european games?

35,000 thousand in Division One is nothing special. We got 60,000 in Division 2 when we were there.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
aw nice to know you care VN. I though little ciddy weren't a concern for the rags?

You see, you rags have no idea of loyalty. Loyalty is supporting your teams when times are bad. You lot did NOT have 60,000 in Old Div 2, it was 40,000, which is only 5000 more than we had when we supposedly cannot fill our ground. Remember, old trafford could hold more than that in the 70s, so wheres the loyalty?

We did not fill our ground for home European games yes, but who wants to pay £25 for adults and £15 for children to watch TNS, Lokeren and Groclin? The TNS match was basically in pre-season, and the other two weren't glamour ties. I'd like to see whether or not United sell out when playing a team of postmen as well.

United fans aren't familiar with bad times, so I don't see how VN can badmouth us.

Also it was not 35k in div 1, it was 35k in Division 2, which IS great. Look at Sheff Wed, 20,000 empty seats now. We stayed loyal, and it is special to do that. You also fail to realise the loyalty of the away support that season. 19 out of 24 games saw record attendances for the visit of city. I was only able to get to two away games cos of demand for tickets, and struggled to get tickets to home games.

I'll let this one go, as you're bound to be bitter after Tuesday.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An ignorant Man Yoo fan? What a surprise...

You averaged around 50,000 for the relegation year- less than the capacity of Old Trafford at the time and roughly the same as previous years. This is for a team who had won everythin the previous decade with one of the best teams the World had ever seen.

West Ham's attendances this year have stayed constant, despite:

a) The gutting of one of the most talented squads in our history
b) Ridiculous ticket prices of £30 and upwards
c) An incompetent chairman paid more that most Premiership Chairmen.

And don't forget we have been NOWHERE as successful as you, and are never likely to be. But we still turn up every week.

West Ham have never been a huge club, and our supporters are one thing we have to be proud of. To try and claim your supporters are better is pure folly.

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
nice post tgo....

the best supporters in the country are those who weekly go to watch there local team in sunday league football in the cold & wet....

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it was aimed at me, TGO (the 35,000 part). As usual a Man Yoo fan tries to belittle another club's achievements.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JawZ2002 said:
nice post tgo....

the best supporters in the country are those who weekly go to watch there local team in sunday league football in the cold & wet....
But they don't have to pay £35 for the privilege....

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you don't sound loyal to me ,Ironic,you sound like mugs paying all that money to watch the rubbish served up to you. :cool:

your chairmen repeatedly takes the piss out of you and you go back for a repeat performance,you must like getting screwed. ;)

go and watch a show up the West End,you'll have a far better time than watching that drivel.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what makes Hammers special Jern- You are born into it, and you cannot shake it off- The bonds between supporters and the incredible loyalty are unique. Part of a dying breed- the true loyalty of going back no matter what happens.

·
63,337 Posts
ironic said:
That's what makes Hammers special Jern- You are born into it, and you cannot shake it off- The bonds between supporters and the incredible loyalty are unique. Part of a dying breed- the true loyalty of going back no matter what happens.
not all West Ham fans suffer the same condition,i know many decent Hammers who wouldn't dream of going over there this season unless it's for a cup game,but you do have many who are searching for an identity and would feel dirty if they don't go.

when you think basically the whole of Essex and your little corner of East London support West Ham,i'd estimate about three million people in that area,that means for the 30,000 idiots,there is at least 2,970,000 decent West Ham fans who live a rich life without having the need to pay Brown a fortune every year to watch complete dross.

go to an art gallery one week,or perhaps visit a museum,there's more to life than rollmops,Bonzo and Lager. :D

i am here to educate,feel free to ask my advice. ;)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sky estimates West Ham's fanbase at 700,000- With many around the UK and the World.

Sorry, but I don't consider people that go to only the big games "real" supporters- Most go to support their team because they love it and it's in their blood.

And a Gooner life coach? Fúck off! :D

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
when you think basically the whole of Essex and your little corner of East London support West Ham
Sorry Jern but you are wrong mate :eek: The whole of Essex does not support West Ham Utd and if you went up to most Essex folk they would say "who"? :howler: Colchester United has about 100,000 fans if only half of them would turn up to matches! :stress: Ironic stop the swearing please :groan:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
So if we got relegated and still got 50,000-60,000, would you say we were loyal?

Obviously its a pointless question but if you could answer it all the same.

·
63,337 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
So if we got relegated and still got 50,000-60,000, would you say we were loyal?

Obviously its a pointless question but if you could answer it all the same.
no that would make you stupid ,just like the West Ham and City fans :D

i mean City even took 20,000 to some game the other year so they could all try to see a bit of a pitch from a little hill in the countryside :howler:

loyal or completely thick ?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
So basically what your saying is you will only watch Arsenal whilst they are good/in the top division and you wouldn't bother if they got relegated.

Gloryhunter?

·
63,337 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
So basically what your saying is you will only watch Arsenal whilst they are good/in the top division and you wouldn't bother if they got relegated.

Gloryhunter?
no i am not saying that? i am saying you shouldn't blindly follow just because you think that makes you a better supporter,you need to be more selective,you shouldn't wear your loyalty like a medal,FFS the club have got you by the bollocks then.

i will go when i fancy going,if i don't fancy Home to Chelsea in the CL i won't go,i have been to many away games in the mid nineties when we had no chance of winning the League because i enjoyed going to the away games and had a good laugh,but would you see me going to WBA to watch our reserves,would you fuk.

i am asking the question,where does loyalty end and stupidity start ?

would you go to watch United play in the Conference?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts