Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i was wondering of all the duos in attack you've ever seen which ones you think were/are the best. Judging by the way they find each other, the number of goals scored, and assists made, here are some partnerships i believe you'll agree have been outstanding (some a lot more than others!):

Romario-Bebeto (Brazil)
Romario-Ronaldo (Brazil)
Vialli-Mancini (Samp)
Weah-Simone (Milan)
Klinsmann-Voeller (Germany)
Romario-Stoichkov (Barca)
Salas-Vieri (Lazio)
Cole-Yorke (Man. U)
Boksic-Voeller (Marseille)
Mancini-Boksic (Lazio)
Del Pierro- Inzaghi (Juve/Squadra A.)
Signori-Casiraghi (Lazio)
Shevchenko-Rebrov (D. Kiev)
Bergkamp-Kluivert (Holland)
etc...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I was really looking forward to what Salas and Vieri could do if they had a season uninjuried together but :( I think they had potential to become legends :)

Del Piero - Inzaghi before DP got injured was the most prolific of those mentioned so let´s go with that one shall we - and it´s safe now because they suck these days :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vialli-Mancini was the greatest duo that I've seen 'til today, they were fantastic. A great duo was also Signori-Riedle (26+8).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R9 - V32 (sorry Inter they played together for 30 minutes only, and expectations were sky high)
However, here is the real one:
Nilis - Van Nistelrooy (crappy league, but I think they've scored the most goals.That was in 98-99 season - over 50)
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
i will have to choose Cole-Yorke in Man U 98'-99, and one of the reasons is that i'm too young to remember those pairs you're talking about.
Romario - Ronaldo were amazing at the latest Copa America.
Cole And Yorke simply knew where the other will be blindly. Excuse me for the unfogivable betrayl in European Soccer, but i have to say they were the best i've ever seen.

SORRY! hehe :)

oh! And Shevi - Rebrov were Amazing too at their Period at Dinamo!

[Edited by Laziali All The Way! on 13-07-2000 at 21:33]

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
How about the Za-Sa combo? they scored 30 goals between them (Zamorano 18, Salas 12) durin the past WC qualifyer. They were awsome in France 98, although Zamorano didn't score.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Batigol - Batigol (fiorentia) :D

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think I'll just leave history to others, but I can certainly show the two best "alive" partnerships in the world. First place easily goes to Rebrov-Shevchenko, still together in the national team, but prolific killers in Dynamo some time back. The other has to be Raul-Morientes, perhaps the two best strikers on the planet, knowing each other like clock-work. Other potential greats may have been Salas-Vieri, but I haven't seen all that much from them, so i can't really say, heard a lot though. the most overrated partnership is Cole-Yorke, these guys are average only they shine in the Premiershi(t). It's not task doing it there.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Shevaaaaa-Rebroooov :) for the present :)
Raul-Mori
Nilis-Nistelrooij (the goals, the goals)

About the past...
Beppe - Casiraghi/Riedle
Klinsi - Voeller :p
Vialli - Mancini

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Aarrghh! hala! How can I forget that one? The great Butragueno...and Sanchez...
I'll add this pair to my list and perhaps I'm being a bit biased too? Nah, don't think so ;)
I really miss Butragueno, Michel, Qique :(

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Actually I've been absent from the forums in general for three days (had to fly back from Indonesia --> Singapore) but I'm catching up now! Been checking the forums for almost 6 hours now including Real forum...Some interesting news there besides the ElectioN!! :D (Tristan. Tristan, Tristan...)
And surely after 16th July there'll be interesting stuff to discuss there! :D
Nice to know I've been missed ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Some very great partnership were mentioned in here!
The best i've seen in my life is the one from heaven, Van Basten- Gullit!
How about Papin - Cantona in the French National team of the early 90's?they scored a lot of goals together!
Also the one formed by Weah and Ginola in PSG in the mid 90s was impressive!
I also liked the Stoichkov-Romario in Barca of the early 90's.
Raul and Mori are currently with Sheva-Rebrov the best partnership still in activity.

For the future i would not be surprised if Henry-Trezeguet become THE duo of the next few years!
Hala, the Sanchez-El Buitre duo was great too!

How about next year's Sheva-Rivaldo duo in Milan?That would be deadly for any defence in Serie A and CL!!!

FORZA DIAVOLO!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts