Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is in your opinion guys the best Arab stadium?
In my opinion one of the stadiums in Qatar that is new and they are playing some of the 17th Gulf Cup on looks quite modern and nice, although it is small (as is the problem with most stadiums in the Arab world) but I personally think it's design from the inside is good (didn't see any pictures from the outside)

Other good stadium IMO include the one in Riyadh KSA, bit old (about 16 years old minimum I believe) but spacious and look nice & some of the stadiums that were proposed to be built IF Morocco had won the bid to host the 2010 WC, but S. Africa won it and hopes for an Arab hosted WC has faded for the 4th (or even 5th time :wallbang: )

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
I classify the best stadium in two ways:

1) Quality: No one can beat Gulf stadiums period. Some of the stadiums in Qatar and KSA are just beautiful.

2) Charm: The problem with lets say Qatari stadiums is that they feel generic. I mean, to the fans, and to the players, visiting Cairo stadium, or Manzah stadium, or Mohammed V complex, or even Sheikh Zayid sports complex is another story on its own. So those stadiums are better in that sense.

Anyways, I only hope the new Cairo stadium, which has been locked since 2003 will be nice. Its supposed to open in 2006 in time for the African Cup of Nations.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
liverpool4ever said:
Other good stadium IMO include the one in Riyadh KSA, bit old (about 16 years old minimum I believe)
If that is a "bit old" then what are stadiums in England. Villa Park was built around 1897 (obviously rennovations since then ;))? :pp

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Stade Rades is the best in my opinion, most modern architechture, and also big. Hoping like Sabry to see Cairo Stadium as good when it re-opens as we have heard alot about how world-class its gonna be.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here are some of the Arab stadiums

Qatar:

Ittihad Stadium

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Lebanon:

Camile Chamoun Stadium

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Saudi Arabia:

The mighty King Fahd International Stadium

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
UAE:

Mohamed Ben Zayed Stadium

Sheikh Zayed Stadium

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Morocco:

Stade Mohammed V

Stade Moulay AbdAllah

Complex Sportif

Stade de Marrakech (Under Construction)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Tunisia:

The Beautiful Rades Stadium

Stade El Manzah

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Egypt:

Cairo International Stadium (Before Renovations)

Arab Contractors Stadium (Stade el Mokaweloon)

Suez Stadium

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Thanks for those pics Ahlawy.

Interesting to see that all the stadiums in the Arab World seem to prefer the one style (circular with a running track around the edge) except the proposed Stade du Marakesh, which is much more familiar to me, looking like most of the stadiums here in England.

Anyone else notice that in the King Fahd Stadium it looks as if there is a giant gun of some kind sticking out it's side. What is that? Private boxes?

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I once saw a show about the King Fahd stadium, and that funny shaped design is for commentators and TV cameras if I am not mistaken, the private boxes for the VIPs is little bit under it, where there are some windows.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts