3 michael laudrup
4 martin dahlin
5 kurt hamrin
6 peter schmichael
7 lennart "nacka" skoglund
8 john faxe jensen
9 thomas ravelli
10 brian laudrup
no norewegians or finnish but this is it what do you think?

[This message has been edited by nasty nick (edited 09-05-2000).]

T

·
0 Posts
Ravelli at nine???
I think Brolin would be at the top, in my top ten list...

S

·
0 Posts
well somebody´s been reading total football, i see. To be honest i don´t know too many swedish or norwegian players from the good old days, but i think that brolin is far to high up the list. Look at his career record, and then look at the same for michael laudrup. 2 italien, 5 spanish and 1 dutch. besides that he´s played more than 100 caps for denmark, despite being away from the team for 2 years. Schmeichel also deserves more recognition, Faxe, however, shouldn´t even be anywere near this list....

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Its impossible to compare players from different times, but what the hell heres my Top 3
1. Gunnar Nordahl: This man is a legend. Milan fans think he's one of their best ever.
2. Michael Laudrup: For reason that SignoriRules says, plus he was incredible in the national team.
3. Peter Schmeichel: When he came to ManU they were nothing. Need I say more?

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Okay, Nasty Nick... you've lured me away from the Lazio forum,
so here is my vote.

Best Scandinavian player ever... GUNNAR NORDAHL!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
In my opinion Michael Laudrup is the best player ever in Scandinavia. SignoriRules forgot to tell that Michael Laudrup also have won the Champions League with Barcelona( Barcelona won 1-0 over Sampdoria.).

You also forgot Allan Simonsen who got voted the best player in Europe (The only danish played who has achieved that honour) and won several german championships with Mönchengladbach, he also won the champions league and he has been a very popular player in FC Barcelona.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
don't even know this guy!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
nasty, the best sweeper anderlecht and the danish national squad have ever had. he was captain of the dream-team in '86. trained ajax...

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

D

·
0 Posts
Nordahl, Hamrin, Eckstroem, Brolin, Eriksson, Ravelli of Sweden

B. Laudrup, M. Laudrup, Elkjaer, Olsen, Schmeichel, Polvsen, Kjaer, Hansen of Denmark

Schmeichel is the best ever Scandinavian player. Followed by Nordahl and then Kurt Hamrin/M. Laudrup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts