Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Including players who played for their countries after the collapse of communism.

Only those teams that have qualified for a major tourney are eligible.

*Montenegro is eligible as it was part of FR Yugoslavia/SiCG.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1.FR Yugoslavia /SiCG
2.Czech Rep
3.Romania
4.Croatia
5.Ukraine
6.Serbia
7.Bulgaria
8.Bosnia-Herzegovina
9.Montenegro
10.Russia
11.Slovakia
12.Poland
13.Slovenia

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about Salenko and Kolivanov. Even Titov came to mind. I'm not even sure why I settled on the Dishonourable One in the end.

One thing's for certain, Russia has long been blessed by slightly-above-average-nowhere-near-world class strikers.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where‘s Hungarino? they seem to have qualified for one tournament.
Aha, it's payback for that tennis comment in the other thread. :D

Seriously though, I love slavicizing the Mađar names more than any others but I didn't want to embarrass you. Plus, Euros from 2016 on are a joke...

14.Latvia
15.Hungary

·
Registered
27,293 Posts
If you're talking about the SiCG team posted here, I would put Tadic in there instead of Stankovic, or is he ineligible because he never played for a team named Yugoslavia/SiCG.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,372 Posts
Nice, although the Ks hurt my eyes a little lol

I guess you have Dan Petrescu up ahead of Contra on the right flank he played a few times there for the NT and Chelsea? Was quite effective in those games. Proper right wingback, and we’ve lacked a great right winger anyway (maybe Petre).

Also, maybe Ilie and Mutu together up front, Sanmartean on the left wing? And Chivu at LB, Belodedici in the middle with Popescu.

I prefer Lobont or even Tatarusanu to Stelea but that might just be my own recency bias

Other contenders (not saying they should make the final cut): S. Radu, Rat, Sapunaru, Timofte, Radoi, Marica, Ganea, Moldovan, Lupescu, Lacatus, Cernat, Tamas, Goian, the Niculaes, Adrian Cristea, Dică, Budescu, Mitea for a short time, Ghioane, A. Stoica, Galca, Rosu, F. Petre, Filipescu, Stanga, Pancu, etc.

Good stuff lad

I really wanna do another one of those drafts btw, anyone down to do an EE one (all time or time period)?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Nice, although the Ks hurt my eyes a little lol

I guess you have Dan Petrescu up ahead of Contra on the right flank he played a few times there for the NT and Chelsea? Was quite effective in those games. Proper right wingback, and we’ve lacked a great right winger anyway (maybe Petre).

Also, maybe Ilie and Mutu together up front, Sanmartean on the left wing? And Chivu at LB, Belodedici in the middle with Popescu.

I prefer Lobont or even Tatarusanu to Stelea but that might just be my own recency bias

Other contenders (not saying they should make the final cut): S. Radu, Rat, Sapunaru, Timofte, Radoi, Marica, Ganea, Moldovan, Lupescu, Cernat, Tamas, Goian, the Niculaes, Adrian Cristea, Dică, Budescu, Mitea for a short time, etc.

Good stuff lad

I really wanna do another one of those drafts btw, anyone down to do an EE one (all time or time period)?
Raț is in the XI (slavicized Rac).

I thought about Moldovan up front with Mutu on the left but I settled on Ilie, thinking he and Mutu interchange positionally much better. I was also seriously considering Lakatuš but in the end felt his int'l career didn't warrant it.

Stelea or Lobonc was a toss up, I went with Bogdan S. probably out of fear I was biased towards the younger keeper.

Petresku and Kontra can interchange. Just felt Petresku was the superior pure attacking player so I pushed him onto the wing.

Belodedić is unlucky, initially I had him in with Džika and Kivu was at LB. If I went purely on achievements he definitely would've been in the XI. I even considered a 3-man defence. In the end my thinking was it had to be either him or Popesku and the decision became easy.

All in all it's a high quality XI, ample class in all three lines and the Hadži factor makes them Top 3.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you're talking about the SiCG team posted here, I would put Tadic in there instead of Stankovic, or is he ineligible because he never played for a team named Yugoslavia/SiCG.
Yeah, Tadić is ineligible although I'm not sure I'd have him in anyway. With Dejo and Peđa in there I think the team needs the Stanković from his younger days more than Tadić's silk.

Had to draw the line somewhere. Obviously all those who represented either FRJ or SiCG were eligible for the individual teams after the split.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,372 Posts
btw, no Misimovic for Bosnia?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts