Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are they, so far?

Among players in the quarter/semi- finals, I'd say following are good candidates:

Ozil
Iniesta

I know, the knock-out stages will be more important to the final choice, but no player was really outstanding consistently. Except for Iniesta, IMO.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think David Silva has been the best Spanish player so far. Iniesta has also done well though, especially against the Croatians. Other top performers of the players still in it are Pirlo and Gerrard, both of which have been excellent.

Ozil was great against Greece, but that was his first real stand out game.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well, I like Silva's risktaking in regards to passing. He goes for the instinctual quick pass a lot more than Xavi & Iniesta, who sometimes hold on to it a bit too long for my liking and let chances go to waste, but yeah, opinions vary, like you said.

And you're seriously sleeping on Gerrard homes. Dude's been dictating England's play, the little they have (lol), much in the same way Pirlo has done for Italy. He's been in the center of more or less every good move that's come out of that English side.

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,014 Posts
Yes Gerrard has been decisive with his assists(most of them set pieces) but he exactly does not have been someone to claim at being the best individual of Euro 2012.

·
Banned
570 Posts
Casillas; Johnson, Hummels, Pepe, Lahm; Pirlo, Cabaye; Ozil, Iniesta; Ibrahimovic, Gomez

That would be my lineup of the best performers right now.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Zlatan was great & i consider him the best player in the group stage.
Ronaldo stepped up for Portugal in the last 2 games, De Rossi, Iniesta, Ozil all are having a very good tournament.

·
Banned
8,880 Posts

How can you defy "the son of god"

As he shall score 5 international goals in 40 caps, those 5 shall be the best goals ever scored.

He rose from the dead to bring Greece out of the Euro 2012 group stage.

He first walked on water, then he walked onto the pitch.

·
Banned
570 Posts
Cüneyt Arkın;9227757 said:
Gebre Selassie was pretty damn decent. Few of the Polish lads (mostly the Dortmund pair) and a few others here and there.

Though seems a lot of you only go for big names. So err, that homophobe wanker Cassano, who's been shit.
Selassie was good, forgot about him. Certainly would go better in my lineup than Johnson.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
As of now of the games i have seen:

- Casillas
- Gabriel Selessie (best right back by a mile, would sign him up if i was a manager)
- Ozil
- Gomez
- Schweinsteiger
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- David Silva
- Gerrard
- Hart
- Pirlo

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,014 Posts
Hart? He has been shaky, was responsible for Nasri's. No where he should be among the best players of Euro.
And how can people name Pirlo while ignoring DDR is beyond me. Not that i am discrediting Pirlo.

·
Banned
570 Posts
Hart? He has been shaky, was responsible for Nasri's. No where he should be among the best players of Euro.
And how can people name Pirlo while ignoring DDR is beyond me.
Most of DDR's playing time has come as a centerback in this tournament, that's why I would chose Pirlo for the midfield spot instead, but DDR deserves a mention, he has been very good so far.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts