Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this thread has been done before many times, but i couldnt find any in a search.

Based on this season alone, who have been the best crossers of the ball?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Can't believe somebody asking this question.. There is no doubt that when it come to crossing David beckham is the best by a mile.. Beckham could be the best crosser of the ball ever..

Close this thread now, the answer is too obvious.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Frey has really nice crosses despite them often beeing misplaced ;)

On a more serious note I think Pirlo is just :star: at it. probably the best, at least in serie a. His cross yesterday(sunday) was damn precious. Even a non-footballer would've scored if given the same cross. You don't have to do anything, just be there and let the ball hit you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
1: Pirlo
2: Cafú

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Cafu currently ranks as one of the best. This is seemingly Beckham's only real piece of skill, so I'll give it to him. In the Serie A, Mancini does a pretty good job at it but is very inconsistent.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Pirlo, Cafu, Aimar, Veron

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
At their best, Cafu Ze Maria Ze Roberto Rothen Veron Pirlo Snjeider etc etc

But the best of the best in crossing/long balls were probably Recoba's left foot and Beckham's right foot.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I agree with Faisal

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about these players? how would they rank?

Xavi
Mihajlovic
Juninho P
De Pedro
Vicente
Joaquin

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
..not only crosses, I think Riquelme is the player with best pegada (shot, passing abilitie) of any sort of type, in the world, from crosses, to free kicks, to short passes, to passes between lines, name it, ther is no one of them he does not excell. The number of passes fail by Roman are ridiculously few.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Beckham and Pirlo.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Cafu's crosses are inconsistant. Sometime they are brilliant.. and sometimes they are so awful that they drive me crazy...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts