Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
where is the best place to buy flags online? (personalised ones)

thinking of getting a new one to take to the world cup so i can see it on TV later :D so should probably do the planning now rather than the last minute, is barmyflags reputable?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Sorry no flag info. Just wanted to know if you will be following any team in particular.

BTW a kilt is a must.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no team in particular, i got the tickets before the draw had been made. Got the opening match before i knew who was in it (its Germany v Costa Rica), then a quarter, semi and the final.

I have some more tickets too (various group games Spain v Tunisia, Sweden v England and Holland v Argentina) which i'm thinking of returning as i'm finding it really hard to justify the cost - i'd been saving up for a new car but spent it on world cup tickets instead. Although i suppose i could do without a car for a bit more because this will be the last time the world cups in Europe for quite a while (South Africa in 2010 then probably Brazil in 2014) and by then i might not have the opportunity to go.

Add this to the Villarreal trip next week (and hopefully more Euro trips with Rangers after that :D ) and it all leads to a never ending argument with my g/f. you'd think that she would understand why going to the world cup is an opportunity that cant be missed and quit moaning about not being able to get picked up from work or taken to the supermarket while i dont have a car :sigh:

On top of all that when (if ;) ) she finds out who I am going to the games with i forecast world war 3 breaking out.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Sounds intriguing. You aren't taking that girl from Motherwell that Bocha chucked are you? :D

Kilt is a definite lady puller as I know to my cost from France '98. Me and my mate ripped the pish out his brother for taking a kilt. He had the last laugh over there. The attention he got was incredible- including some unwanted attention from a couple of Morrocan guys. We did crack up at that. ;)

As you said you are as well enjoying it now. I went 8 years ago and now I have the car. I'd much rather swap the car but my other half would rather I didn't.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chivoexpiatorio said:
Sounds intriguing. You aren't taking that girl from Motherwell that Bocha chucked are you? :D
No chance. :eekani:

Which reminds me, we've still to hear from Bocha exactly what happened - So far it's just been speculation. Maybe the truth is even worse...im suddenly reminded of Begbie in Trainspotting? :howler:

As you said you are as well enjoying it now. I went 8 years ago and now I have the car. I'd much rather swap the car but my other half would rather I didn't.

woootooosh woootoooosh

(thats meant to be a whipping noise incase you are wondering :lala: )

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Sounds like a great trip :thumbsup: F*** the car, you've made the right decision.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TheSpaceCowboy said:
Do tell!!!Not an ex is it??:D :D :D
define 'ex'? (trying my best not to sound like Bill Clinton here :lala: )

we've never really been a couple as such, just friends, but i'd be lieing to say that nothing ever happened. But that was about 5 years ago so not exactly recent history.

The thing is my current girlfriend doesn't actually know any of this stuff (much as i dont know about her ex-boyfriends) but she still gets so suspicious when i'm on the phone to her or get a postcard or letter so i thought it was wise not filling in the details of who i'll be meeting in Germany because its not worth the hassle otherwise. It's sure to be a recipe for disaster though :googly:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
woootooosh woootoooosh

(thats meant to be a whipping noise incase you are wondering :lala: )
I know that sound well. It usually comes after "Do you mind if I...". :eekani:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
define 'ex'? (trying my best not to sound like Bill Clinton here :lala: )

we've never really been a couple as such, just friends, but i'd be lieing to say that nothing ever happened. But that was about 5 years ago so not exactly recent history.

The thing is my current girlfriend doesn't actually know any of this stuff (much as i dont know about her ex-boyfriends) but she still gets so suspicious when i'm on the phone to her or get a postcard or letter so i thought it was wise not filling in the details of who i'll be meeting in Germany because its not worth the hassle otherwise. It's sure to be a recipe for disaster though :googly:
Hhhhmmmm,I sense great danger:party: :drunk: :kiss:

·
Registered
897 Posts
You will be sorry when she finds out and she will find out!!! I hope the final is worth it! What if England are in it and they win?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
England have got one of the strongest squads,and in their last few games,they have shown a new steely resolve,notably in coming from behind to beat South American opposition in Argentina and Uruguay,no mean feat,although I cant help feeling that Argentina werent going flat out when they played them.
Still cant see past Brazil myself,can see them going on the rampage against most teams.

How you getting on with the flag hunting anyway,Teddy Bear,any luck??
thinking of going over to Germany with some friends,I went to the Brazil v Scotland game in '98,also took in Italy v Chile,had an absolutely fantastic time.:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts