Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right-e-o

Seems like interest in the TEN poll is stagnating, and Black is looking the winner (Forza Evenflow :D ). Nevertheless, the poll can stay open to see what happens (i don't think i'm able to modify the polls once they've had votes)

Anyway, we'll move on to the 2nd album from Pearl Jam, vs. To me this seems like a harder rocking album (with the likes of Go, Animal & Blood probably some of their heaviest stuff), but still has the great melodic ballads like daughter & elderly woman, and great rock songs like Dissident and RVM in between.
To me, the songs on this album seem much better live than a lot of the stuff on Ten.

BTW i was thinking of making similar polls for Soundgarden's stuff, but i was unsure whether to break them up into albums (since i'm only familiar with Badmotorfinger thru to Down on the Upside ) or have something similar to their "A-sides" with a collection of everything (but unlike that album, have My Wave and Superunknown included )

p.s if anyone wants to take over in doing the PJ polls, feel free to. We'll probably get more votes that way :hopefull:, and there are ppl out there with much more PJ knowledge than I :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
I voted for Indifference...it will probably be the only vote this song gets, but it is the one I love the most on this album. Great lyrics, great voice, great song! :)

·
Registered
15,957 Posts
I'd say probably Dissident is my favourite, a song thats great live. After that I'd say maybe Go. Definitely an album I enjoyed although I never listened to it that much. Certainly a bit down my list of favourite PJ albums though.

Andreas - yeah a Soundgarden poll is a good idea - I reckon we just do favourite songs from their entire body of work - I mean I only own the last 3 albums too, so I'm not too familiar with the early stuff.

If there's 24 choices in a poll that should be pleny for their best stuff. Might be an idea to be able to choose 2/3 favourites like in the RHCP poll. Anyways my first choice would be Outshined without a doubt.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
No Cristina,it will not be the only vote it gets,because I am for it too.:)

It is a 'real' song,in that it talks abt a real situation which many of us encounter.Wonderfully written and sung.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i must be on a similar wavelength to red again, cause Dissident is my favourite song on this album :cool:

The first songs i heard of this album were Daughter and Go. Daughter didn't "grab me" right away, but i soon got into the song and saw it for what it was worth. But overlistening to it gets annoying. Go on the otherhand i agreed with straight away, and is the sort of song i love listening to when i'm in one of my infamous foul moods :D :crazy: :mad:

However, the BEST song on this album for me, from the point of view of being representative of this album (and my 2nd favourite song) is RVM :cool: :star:.

BTW, why doesn't Dissident have a vote, and Indifference have 2 votes :confused:. Did u guys and girls forget to vote or something

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I voted for RVM:)

How come there are only 4 votes:eekani:

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Indifference only has one vote Andreas, not two....but it is a great song. And one of my absolute favourites ever. Yet after a good few days of thinking, my vote fell on Dissident...it's not really that it is so much better since all songs are great, but it really captures the spirit of the album perfectly, and I will never ever get tired of hearing it. Sadly, it only has one vote though..mine :)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I voted Animal, ´cause it rocks.:cool:

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Andreas would you please make a poll for best Pearl Jam B side/rarity? That would be great, I can help you with the nominations :)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Hmmm, this is tough
i like animal but i guess it goes to elderly woman..........

Lav

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Orange, i think you may have mis-interpreted me about the votes.
I know there is only one vote for Indifference (from cristina), but their should be two (The Merengue also listed this as his preferred song)

Similarly, there should be another vote for Dissident (from red)

About the B sides/rarity,...well i am not entirely sure what you mean :eek: :wallbang:. I am assuming you are talking about stuff like Merkin Ball and Last Kiss, ... yes?.
I was only going to restrict this to their 6 studio albums, but i guess we can have a collection of their other stuff after ppl have voted on the studio albums

BTW there is nothing from stopping you from making a B sides/rarity poll(s), since you are a moderator and able to make polls. No need for my help, since i probably won't be able to help :D :doh:

Endranesta, if you want to vote for Jeremy, thenyou have to go to the Pearl Jam (Ten) poll, which you should be able to find on the first page of the music forum :)

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
That is strange indeed. So what happened to your votes Merengue and Red?? :confused:

Sure I can make a rarities poll...I meant it exactly as you said, just that I would use the songs from Merkinball...since Merkinball is not a song.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Andreas said:

Endranesta, if you want to vote for Jeremy, thenyou have to go to the Pearl Jam (Ten) poll, which you should be able to find on the first page of the music forum :)
he..he..sorry, i just didn't see it:eek: :D

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
daughter :cool:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I voted RVM coz it's a ****in class song!

·
Registered
15,957 Posts
Evenflow's on Ten dude.

Put in my vote for Dissident. Little surprised RVM's winning although it is definitely a great song.

BTW if one of you guys are doing a No Code poll I'm gonna be totally lost :eek: Haven't listened to that album in ages, and the only song I can remember from it is Betterman, if thats even on the album :)

Gonna be in my element though if there's a Binaural poll:) What a great album.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well Deniz will have to add ur vote, since i can't edit the poll after there has been votes (since i'm not a mod at THIS forum)

hmmn Betterman, that is on Vitalogy mate :D. Nothing from no-code got any radio airtime as far as i know (not here at least), whereas Betterman did

So u better dust ur no-code CD off, as painful as it might me for a hard rock and metal fan that u are

And there will be a Binaural poll, but u'll have to wait until Vitalogy, No Code and Yield are done with first

1 - 20 of 21 Posts