Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which team will go fartherst in euro 2000?
sweden,denmark,or norway?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Norway have the best individual players in Scandinavia at the moment and do have the best team as well. Therefore I think they have the best chance to progress to the quarterfinals. Denmark's group is awfully tough and Sweden need to improve offensively in order to go through. We might see all Scandinavians go home after the first round though.

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i also think norway has the best possibilitys to advance,they can beat teams like yugoslavia and slovenia.
sweden has many injuries and have also problems with the attack.
denmark has a tough group,but may go through the same,just like they did in 1992.
i don't think they win gold this year but they may go to the quarter finals.
my favorites this tear is holland and spain.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Is this a new forum or what ?? :)

Anyways its really hard for all 3 teams to get past the first round, not because they are bad but because the groups are very difficult.. Sweden obviously will have a hard time agains Turkey, Italy and Belgium.. I dont think Sweden will make it (they are inconsistent). As for Denmark then I highly doubt it, their group is just very very hard.. As for Norway then as a team they play boring soccer, long passes thats it however they have very talented players, anyways I think if anyone is making it to the 2nd round it would be Norway because their group is easier than Denmarks and Sweden's groups and their team is much more consistent and talented.. Plus they have been playing together for a long time now(i.e. Norway NT)

:) :) :)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My favorites must be holland or spain but also belgium has a great change to win!!!

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
naah, belgium win the cup ?? They might make it to some advanced stage but not win it.. My list would be Holland, Spain and Italy..

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im half italian so i hope they win,but i don't really think so
they will lose on penaltys or something...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Holland and Spain are clear favourites. Portugal and Yugoslavia can be surprise winners and the Italians and Germans always tend to suck before the euro but go far anyway.

Denmark will not make it past the group stage. Sweden has a chance but then it will end. Norway will make it to the quarter finals but then it will be hard.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
England? no way!

Group A-Portugal (2), Romania (1)
Group B-Belgium (2), Italy (1)
Group C-Spain (1), Norway(2)
Group D-Denmark (2), France (1)

quarters:
Romania def Belgium
Portugal def. Italy on Penalties ( :) )
Spain def. Denmark
France def Norway

Semi's
Spain def. Portugal
France def. Romania

Final
Spain def. France (easily...2-0 or 3-0)

Portugal and Romania don't win :( ...but goes far :)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
easily. I believe that Holland will self-destruct yet again

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Okay I agree upon everything in your predictions and will not even argue about Italy X protugal because it is too early to predict it and always Italy comes up with the unexpected (like you predict they win so they lose and vice versa) but I really doubt that Holland will self-destruct that early... I even predict they will be top of the group and besides why should they fail ?? They have done well in the WC and they are a pretty consistent team..

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
1. their coach is awful and I don't feel he has the respect of his players.

2. Davids hates the DeBoer brothers and vice versa.

3. Bergkamp does nothing in big tournies....he scored on e nice goal in the WC but was invisible the rest of the way. And Kluivert is the biggest piece of overrated rapist trash out there.

4. Denmark,like Portugal, are a tournamtent team. They play just well enough to get in and then make some noise in the Tournament (example Portugal 66, Portugal 84, Portugal 96, Denmark 92, Denmark 98......)

5. Davids or Seedork will get sent home for internal problems.

6. France will beat them, Denamakr and the Czechs will tie them.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

D

·
0 Posts
Portugal are pretty talented, but it would not surprise me if they didn't qualify from their group.

About best Scandanavian team, Denmark look awful at the moment, Sweden are in a tough group, Norway could advance fartherst. Norway are arguably in the easiest group. Denmarka nd Sweden probably won't qualify from their group.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
england are just like italy,many stars who can't play as a team.italy's problem is the midfield,englands problem seems to be that they can't play together as a team,they have to many individual players,just like holland.
remember the qualfications??
england played very bad.
they must rise to another skill level.
belgium and holland are playing at home
i think they both will go very far
but holland must stop argue and play together.
ok,my favorites is spain and holland
spain played very good against italy

T

·
0 Posts
Well, this topic started with the scandinavian teams... Sweden can't come a long way without Schwarz who is injured, but know it seems that we've got a new star, Jörgen Petterson.
He played very good in the match between Sweden and Denmark...

I think Holland have a great chance to win,
but the points Marcoa noted are also true...

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im happy to see you here on my forum!!!!
holland and spain are big favorites thats true.but nobody knows everybody can win.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Where have people got this idea that Belgium has a good national team? Also, Turks are MUCH worse than Yugoslavs so Sweden's group is less difficult than Norway's.

This is how it goes:

Group A: Germany and Romania
Group B: Italy and Sweden
Group C: Spain and Yugoslavia
Group D: Holland and France

Then it's wide open. I'd rank those eight teams as follows:

Spain
France
Holland
Italy
Yugoslavia
Romania
Germany
Sweden

a couple of upsets will be seen, with Yugoslavia or Romania providing them.

So to answer Nick's question, Sweden will go farthest of the Scandinavian teams.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts