Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My crazy friend reckons Gerrard and Xabi Alonso are the best midfield duo in the world..... Not true! Keane and Scholes are clearly better!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
till are! Better than anything at birmingham...maybe lampard and anyone from Chelsea team make the best duo.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Well our midfield duo when Dunn is injured and now Savage left is Mehdi Nafti and Darren Carter so I should hope so!

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
If we are talking about central or primarely defensive midfield pairings, I like:
Lampard - Makelele and Pirlo - Gattuso

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Gerrard and Alonso need more playing time together before it's them. No doubt they have the potential to be though.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Offensive Duo: Deco and Ronaldinho
Defensive Duo: Pirlo and Gattuso
Balanced Duo: Essien and Juninho

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Alex_Bianconero said:
Pirlo - Gattuso
Totally true.... i dont wanna get into specifics

DECO.....OH MY GOD.....I NEVER EVER THOUGHT HE WAS A CERTIFIED WORLD CLASS PLAYER...EVEN AT PORTO... I STILL FEEL THAT WAY

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Okay then.... work this out..... if ever there was a player who believed in himself so much... that he would rather take on the whole defence or shoot from 40 yards to take the glory..... it was deco.... he has his moments... im sorry but he cost barca the game at chealsea.... he gives the ball away too easily.... and ruins moves by always trying to do something complex.... yes he can play.... but he is not and a 'certifiied world class player amougst the zidanes and totti's of this world.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts