Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, since no one took the initiative, I will. However, since I don't know how/can't make a poll I will leave it up for someone else in the future to make it.

I figured since the matches to come in the round of 16 are so mouthwatering, it would be interesting to see what everyones view as to the best of the matches are.

My personal Unbiased pick is Madrid vs. Liverpool. Chelsea vs. Juventus being a close second.

The most exciting though should be Lyon vs. Barcelona and Arsenal vs. Roma.

It really is amazing how many great games there are.:excited:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Nothing beats the Champions of Italy vs Champions of England. Maybe I'm biased but the other matches don't compare.

·
A true hero
31,427 Posts
Liverpool/Real for me, they've not played in ages and they're the most succesful clubs in their countries.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Liverpool/Real for me, they've not played in ages and they're the most succesful clubs in their countries.
I honestly cannot find any link between past trophies and the current state of the teams? :rollani:

For me, Barca - Lyon ---> Pure attacking football. The other games will only open up in the second leg when one of the teams are forced to attack because of the away goal rule.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
The most exciting though should be Lyon vs. Barcelona and Arsenal vs. Roma.
Yeah, these matches should be the most enjoyable ones. Too bad it's not Barça vs Arsenal as this would be an encounter with two teams who always play attacking football against every opponent. :lick:

I doubt Pool-Madrid will be great to watch at all. Both have been playing some boring ass tactical footy lately so I don't expect too much action in this tie.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Well I really enjoy watching Barcelona at the moment,,, Real Madrid vs Liverpool is more impressive in a sense,, but I'd rather watch Barcelona - Lyon any day of the week.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Italian champions vs English champions

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Everyone is picking ther own teams. Honestly, Real - Liverpool doesn't seem very enticing when you consider that Real is crap at the moment and Liverpool is the only team that can compete with Juve as being the most boring to neutrals. of course, Juve - Chelsea is exciting for me but it might not be the best spectacle. Barca - Lyon will probably be too one sided. inter - Man u and Roma - Arsenal should be good games. It'll be interesting to see who between Zlatan and Cronaldo chokes more.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Inter vs United, if Inter show up.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
How can it be any else other than Real Madrid - Liverpool ?

14 European Cups between them.

So does that mean Nottingham Forest vs Celtic would be a better game than say Arsenal vs Sevilla if those games were to take place?

After all 3>0.

You're (Real) shit and Liverpool are about as exciting as watching Gordon Brown taking a shit (maybe you're in to that sort of thing).

I won't pick Manchester United vs Internazionale because I'm biased.

So, I reckon Roma vs Arsenal will be quite an enjoyable tie for the neutrals. Especially the second leg because I can see Roma getting a score draw at Arsenal.

·
Registered
45,375 Posts
Inter vs Man Utd, obviously. Even though I'm not the most optimistic. :(

I'm definitely gonna check out Roma vs Arsenal though...the two most attacking teams in the world sounds like a great match. As Craka (MG) said, Real isn't at their best so the Roma tie doesn't look to be the main match to watch at all.

As for Inter vs Man Utd, Inter doesn't always play the best football but I'm sure the tie with Man Utd will force some good football for both sides. Truth be told, it's a very scary tie as an Inter fan. But bring it on.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I hate Real and Liverpool, but that is classy game. When was the last time they met??

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
So does that mean Nottingham Forest vs Celtic would be a better game than say Arsenal vs Sevilla if those games were to take place?

After all 3>0.
You don't have to be a prick old friend :D, you know what I meant. Real vs Liverpool is the glamour tie simply because of the rich History of the two teams. Only a Man Utd fan would dispute the comment I made, and you duly obliged ;) .

As for Madrid being crap at the moment, well yes, good thing the CL doesn't return until February. I dare anyone to call us crap then. We will see.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
You don't have to be a prick old friend :D, you know what I meant. Real vs Liverpool is the glamour tie simply because of the rich History of the two teams. Only a Man Utd fan would dispute the comment I made, and you duly obliged ;) .

As for Madrid being crap at the moment, well yes, good thing the CL doesn't return until February. I dare anyone to call us crap then. We will see.
If only we had a dictator in the 50's. :moan:

·
Registered
45,375 Posts
How can it be any else other than Real Madrid - Liverpool ?

14 European Cups between them.
Yeah, that's how it works. :neutral:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts