Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me for making a thread out of this, but I think defense is the only department that can give us some problems, so I would like to hear from you guys about the defensive line-ups that you guys preferred.

For me, this is the line-up that I like:

------------------------Dida------------------------------------------
Maicon/Beletti---------Lucio---------Alex/Edmilson------R.Carlos/Junior-

I assume that Cafu won't be playing in WC 2006 so I removed him as a RB.

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
we are in 2005 and he is still the starter of Brazil, the Starter of AC Milan, and one of the best players of his position. He will be there...

·
Registered
301 Posts
JCamilo said:
we are in 2005 and he is still the starter of Brazil, the Starter of AC Milan, and one of the best players of his position. He will be there...
He will definitely be there, I agree with you.

As for the original post, it is difficult to talk about defense without talking about midfield and even offense.

Who would protect the defense in front of your line of four?

As it is I'd play:

Cafu, Juan, Álex, Roberto Carlos
JP, ???, Zé Roberto

I'm eager to see Émerson in the next two games and see if he works out this time.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I personally would prefer a three-man defense to give freedom to our wingbacks, but that is not going to happen so it would be futile to pursue that line of thinking.

Based on the 4-man defensive line that Parreira likes, I'd use:

--------------------------Marcos-------------------------
Cafu--------Lucio (Juan)---------Alex--------Roberto Carlos

The question mark here is Roberto, whose current form is less than convincing, but he would still be my choice. And now that Marcos is back from his hand injury, Dida is once again our second-best keeper.

·
Registered
301 Posts
ampersand said:
here's some friendly advice: mancini, cris, roque junior, roberto carlos :D
What in God's name are you trying to do to us??? :D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
al-3arbi said:
What in God's name are you trying to do to us??? :D
Isn't it obvious? He wants to lower us to Argentina's level. :stuckup: :mute: :D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I personally would prefer a three-man defense to give freedom to our wingbacks
I agree

of the selected
Juan for agility
and Lucio and Luisao for power

And now that Marcos is back from his hand injury, Dida is once again our second-best keeper.
I think Dida is more stable nowdays
so I dont see this as so obvious

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I also prefer a 3-man defense. If it has to be 4...

Dida
Cafu, Lúcio, Luisão, Roberto Carlos

But then I wouldn't use a midfield with only one DM. WIth two offensive side-backs I would try a player who defends more than Juninho and Zé Roberto, and sack one of the two....a player like Mineiro from São Paulo alongisde Gilberto (Gilberto and Emerson together, no, there's no mobility).

Upfront, I still think the best idea is Ronaldinho, Robinho and Adriano. I'm just saying this to get some insults here since I'm used to it. : ) (but yes, I would do this, Ronaldo and Kaka to the bench)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Upfront, I still think the best idea is Ronaldinho, Robinho and Adriano. I'm just saying this to get some insults here since I'm used to it. : ) (but yes, I would do this, Ronaldo and Kaka to the bench)
It would be ridiculous to insult one for suggesting this... after all we do have too many options for a limited number of positions, so SOME outstanding talent will necessarily be left out. Leaving Adriano out is, in principle, as bad as leaving Ronaldo or Kaka out – but SOMEone will have to sit on the bench, therefore some fans will inevitably be pissed.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
I also prefer a 3-man defense. If it has to be 4...

Dida
Cafu, Lúcio, Luisão, Roberto Carlos

But then I wouldn't use a midfield with only one DM. WIth two offensive side-backs I would try a player who defends more than Juninho and Zé Roberto, and sack one of the two....a player like Mineiro from São Paulo alongisde Gilberto (Gilberto and Emerson together, no, there's no mobility).

i agree 100% luisao is a great defender..
CAFU---LUISAO---LUCIO---CARLOS
EMERSON/EDMILSON
------KAKA--------ZE ROBERTO
----------RONALDINHO------------
------RONALDO---ADRIANO------
i agree that ADRIANO must play instead of KAKA, but it will be great for the 4 great players to play :)
about ROBINHO he is still too young to be in the starting line-up..
and please RONALDO is untouchable....

·
Registered
390 Posts
yeah i also prefer 3 at the back cuz it gives RC n cafu more freedom but its very unlikely parreira will change so id go with...
cafu- juan - luisao - RC
id go with that cuz i like how the central defence pairing did well in the copa america but id maybe change luisao for alex....

falou

1 - 13 of 13 Posts