Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that there is some tension in the forum.
Why not put the **** words behind us and instead talk of something much funnier (at least I think so :)).

I would like to know what's Your best Lazio memory ??

Please note that this is not some kind of test of who is a real Lazio fan or not, like many could misunderstand it. If your best Lazio memory is from yesterday, then I am not thinking (and I don't think anyone else should) that you are a fan just because the good results Lazio have had the past years ! :)

My best Lazio memory is for sure when I was at Formello for the first time, it was in October 1998. For the first time in my life I was able to meet my idols, and since I got the opportunity to enter the training center I was THERE just beside the players. I came to Formello an hour before the training, so for some time no players were there but I got the chance to walk around there and look at this incredible training center (and now it is even better, I was there this season too :)). I was at Formello a Friday, the day after the Cupwinners' Cup game against Partizan at home (0-0) so the training was only for those who hadn't played the game. The others had just a light training (they ran for 30 minutes and then the training on the field was over for them).
I was very happy but also nervous to meet the players, I actually couldn't believe that I was there meeting the players of the team that I love.
Mancini was as always THE MAN, he was probably a bit tired and didn't want to run like the others so he said that he had some problems with a foot and he then just had to run for 5 minutes. Then he went to the dressing room and on the way out from the field he just laughed when some others asked him if he was injured. :)

Before the training I also got the chance to speak to Eriksson, who was very nice, and he told me different things about the team, the results (in that period Lazio was doing very bad. Draw at home against Vicenza, loss against Salernitana, loss against Venezia and loss against Milan… :().
But Eriksson was confident anyway and said that he knew things would be going better (can someone say they didn't?).

When I was at Formello Nesta was still working to get better after the injury in the WorldCup. But during the training he was for sure the best player and he did things with the ball I didn't thought anyone was able to (And Nesta is a defender :)). I wondered of course when he would be back, he said that he was going to be back in about a month (end of November 1998). That really showed me in what fantastic shape a player has to be before he can play after an injury, because Nesta was outstanding during the training but he had more than a month until the comeback !!!

I got some autographs from the players and I took some pictures together with some of the players. This was for me a really fantastic day that I will never forget.

As for a game memory I think the game Lazio-Milan 3-1 (Italian Cup final 97/98) is the best memory I have from a Lazio game !

Write your best LAZIO memory too !

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Wowww ... that is really make me envy on you Mattias, too bad I haven't had chance to go to Rome .. but this summer I will go to Lourdes (is that correct spelling?) and of course I will try hard go to Rome, anyway how far is it from Lordes to Rome OR Lourdes is in Rome ??????

I wanna ask you some questions:
1. How to see the players training? Is anyone can go to Formello? Because I wanna take a picture with those great players!!!! also their signatures ......

2. How much is the game cost? especially in Olimpico?

3. Is there any Lazio merchandise shop? where is it? is it near Olimpico or ?????

4. Where is Lazio official office? is it in Olimpico?

I hope you able to answer whese questions .... so I won't waste my time in Rome .........

-Lazindo01-

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Lourdes is a long way from Rome, Lazindo01!
If you're going to Rome this summer, perhaps we could meet! :) I'll be there for about 5 weeks myself!
Oops, almost forgot to mention my best Lazio memory... The first time I saw Beppe play!

"A ROMA SOLO LA LAZIO!"

Lazia

[This message has been edited by Lazia (edited 13-05-2000).]

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
How long Lazia? 100 miles?

My best memory? ..... first time I saw blue sky jersey in TV, the first player I recognize was Nesta then Boksic and Nedved.
Especially in 1998, after Boksic come back from juve and score many goals ........

[This message has been edited by Lazindo01 (edited 13-05-2000).]

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I think it's a little bit more than a 100 miles, Lazindo01... Try a couple of 100 miles!

Mattias, "the Lourdes" I'm talking about is in France.

"A ROMA SOLO LA LAZIO!"

Lazia

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
My best and only Laziomemory: Feyenoord - Lazio.

Thanks again Lazia for the info :) :)

And for making some of the people jalous around here: Yougoslavie is training at a field about 200 meters from my house.
I'll be able to see Micha and Stankovic every day!

ADRIAAN
_________
Atleti, Atleti

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Thanks Mattias!! Your topic has helped calm me down a bit.

I know there is a lot of tension on the forum, but it's just like
Cecco said, there are people replying in a way that just gets
our blood boiling, we get so furious because we have such strong
feelings about Lazio that we just have to reply back. Often I try
to ignore it, but the fire keeps burning inside, so it just errupts
like a vulcano from time to time.

My best memory about Lazio has to be the very first time I went
to a football match. It was in 1977, I was only five years old and
my father took me to see Lazio play. I don't remember who
the other team was or what the result was, but I do remember
the atmosphere.... it was overwelming!! There were so many
people there, all shouting and cheering, the sounds were just
thundering at times. It felt so much like the people were a family,
that I just wasn't there only with my father... I was with everyone
together!! I was so proud that I could be a part of something so
powerful, so emotional, so overwelming... that I became Laziale
right then and there.

Just two years later my family moved to Holland so I could
not go to see Lazio play that often anymore. But during hollidays
we allways went back.

I have been to many matches since that and have a lot of fond
memories of many of them. But that one, the first one , is the
best of them all!!!!

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Holland is really in the house over here! ;)

And I also have got to say the best was to see Beppe play!
Superb!

I saw them play last year for the first time, at the Amsterdam Tournament, it was awesome!!
This year, I am able to see them again, cause they will come again to play there, since they are the reigning champion of it.

Adriaan, I will continue to make people jealous over here, the national team of Italy will stay at this hotel close to where I live, and I also founded out where they will have their trainingscomplex!

Noi Siamo I Biancoblu

D

·
0 Posts
The best memory of this season would have to be, beating Man Utd in the European Super Cup in August.

Man Utd were still on a high after winning the Treble, and the first serious match they played, they lost, and effectively a trophy too, which they probably didn't realize at the time because it was so early in the season.

O

·
0 Posts
For me, it was the day we signed Vieri. I hope to relive that one soon!

The worst was when Signori went to Sampdoria. A part of Lazio died that day. It would be like losing Nesta today. May it never happen!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It was 1994,and Lazio visited my country(Indonesia)for friendly games. It ended 6-2 for Lazio. Signori and Rambaudi scored twice,Esosito added one more goal and i forgot who scored the last goal, coz it was a Lazio primavera player.
Signori scored a beautiful goal from the penalty, with only one step :)

the half time result was 4-0 for Lazio then they felt pity about my national team :) so they play with young eagles :eek:

Signori is the man of the match at that time, Rambaudi, Esposito, Cravero, Bergodi is the Lazio player that i can remember at that time...

Forza Lazio

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Great post and beautiful responses. Thank you everybody !!

J

·
0 Posts
My best Lazio memory must be pathetic compared to you all but mine was when Lazio lifted the UEFA Supercup against Man Utd (Salas scored in the 1-0).

P.S. I watched the match on TV...

E

·
0 Posts
Just like Mattias, I had a chance to meet my idols. It was in Gothenburg 1999, just before the start of this season.
I went to Gothenburg from Stockholm, with my girlfriend (who can give you lazio starting line-up anytime :) ). With my press-card I could go into Lazio-players hotel, meet them all, get my blue shirt signed by some of them and talk to many players. My girlfriend took a lot of pics. That was the absolutely best day of my life.
The one I´ll remember the most was Nesta. He went out from his room with 2 bags in each hand. When I asked him to sign my shirt, he complained that his hands were full. So I grabbed all his bags gave him the pen and said somtehing like "I am not gonnan miss your autograph because of a few bags". The man laughed like crazy, signed the shirt, we even talked a bit, and took photos. He was so kind...
That shirt is on my wall with autographs from: Nesta, Luca, Miha, Dejan, Eriksson, K.Andersson (was in Lazio then), and Mancini. Somehow I missed Veron, Conceicao and Nedved, while talking to the man Nesta.
The "diva" of the day was Boksic. He didn´t even turn around when I tried to stop him.

The second best memory was sitting on the Stamford Bridge and seeing Lazio beat Chelsea in Champions League. I payed something like £300 just to get to London from Stockholm and see the game, but it was worth it!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
On the pitch - I can't single out just one match, really, for to me all those games where we trashed other big teams like Juve, Milan were the best :)
Off the pitch - same like Pierre (hey, didn't know you're also from Indonesia ;0 ). It was when Lazio came to my country in May 1996. Accuse me for being too obsessive, but the fact is...
I went to the airport when the players arrived (and a lot of obstacles on the way! Heavy rain, no taxis in sight...). When the players arrived, they were heavily guarded that we couldn't ask for autographs. But I managed to get some pictures. And on impulsive, just like in movies, me and my friends hailed a cab to follow the team bus to the hotel (since it was confidential info). There, the security was 'better' - in addition to snapping pictures I also managed to get signatures of Favalli, Negro and some youth players whom I didn't even recognize! And to add to the excitement, amidst all the pushing my foot slipped and fell to the fish pond - luckily it was just my foot so I wasn't so ashamed (and when I got home I found out that my ankle was bleeding! ;) )
The day after was to be the match day. Just trying my luck, me and 1 friend went to the hotel again in the morning and were we lucky! The players were about to be off to shopping and from the nice security guard we found out their destination, and hurried off there by bus. It was a HUGE shopping complex and, luck again, we happened to go to the right shop! So we ended up following Signori, Zeman, Zoff for 1 hr. plus...and couldn't believe our luck in the process...and also managed to get more autographs (several of Signori...I'm greedy), lots of pictures...even the one of Signori smoking, but Zeman told us not to snap his picture again while he was smoking...'bad image!'. Got close-up pics of Zoff, Orsi, etc too...
And in the afternoon - the match! My first (and perhaps the only) chance to watch Lazio live at the stadium! Yes it was 6-2...great victory, great goals...though couldn't snap pictures for it was simply too far away...
The evening...went to the hotel again, this time with more friends. Turns out the security was even more relaxed...couldn't get into the hotel but some youth players were nice enough to come out! So more autographs...and we even managed to have some words with Grandoni (where's he now?). Sadly he didn't know much English (except some dirty words ;) ) and we even know less Italian :(
And another info leakage said they would be off to have dinner at some restaurant...Surprise surprise we hailed another cab...found ourselves in another shopping centre - and after much debate - went into this posh, super expensive Italian restaurant! So there was, 6 of us, sharing 1 pizza and lemon juice...more time spent to stare at the players of course...And when they came out of the restaurant, just before they got on the bus, again, managed to snap more pics and got more autographs...this time of Rambaudi...And we found ourselves broke as well :)
The closing chapter was when I went to the airport the next day to see them off! Now it was Mancini's autograph and pics...
A truly exhausting, yet really unforgettable, exciting, lifetime Lazio memory!
Too bad Nesta and Fuser were off to Euro '96 but at least there was Beppe; not to mention Zoff and Zeman...Nedved wasn't signed yet :( And among those players who were there back then, only Favalli and Negro are left! End result: Pages, football cards of autographs...3 rolls of pictures...sore ankle...scolding from parents for coming home at 11 (I was only 16)...Really, if I don't get to see Lazio in Rome in the future, this memory can at least give some consolation...
A great memory indeed! My best ever... :) :) :)
And perhaps, Pierre, who knows, we bumped into each other there? ;)

Forza Lazio

1 - 20 of 38 Posts