forca independente em prol do grande corinthians
LEALDADE HUMILDADE E PROCEDIMENTO
THE ONLY WORLD CHAMPION EVER!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lev yashin.
honestly, i've just seen him once but many say he's the one.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know you guys but VAN DER SAR is the best! he's known as simple, creative and smart keeper!
he knows how to move even though he's taller than other keeper! he cuts off angle from time to time! and especially he dont guess directions in terms of penalty shot! he just wait for the ball and dive for it! he really dont panic! he's a perfect keeper for the nederlands coz they start their play from van der sar!!! thats all that i can say!!!
:) :) :) :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are two reasons why I won't rate Van der Sar as the top goalie in the world RIGHT NOW....

1. I haven't seen him play much.
2. Juve's defence does all the work so Edwin doesn't really have much saves and stuff to make. Note : I am NOT saying that he aint good. What I am saying is that Oliver Kahn SEEMS to be the best on CURRENT form. That guy has superb agility for his size (hmm....I almost forgot to mention Peruzzi). Did you see the kind of saves he made against Real in the two games in the CL?

Anyway I'd say Kahn is the best. Toldo is up there too (its his defence that is LAME!).

------------------

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about Gordon Banks?

Anyone who can save a shot from Pele must be good!

Please get Seaman off that list. He is rubbish!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to batistuta:
ive got answers for your two reasons, k!

(1) you said:
"I haven't seen him play much."
- well maybe you dont watch serie A matches particularly juventus games, right? or u cant stand it watching the game! or u really enjoyin watching the game of ol' fashion games of fiorentina where they were lost against sissy beckham's team- Man U!
before you critcize a player watch and think bfore you write k?
(2) you said, "Juve's defence does all the work so Edwin doesn't really have much saves and stuff to make"
-that's the defence job! what do you expect? watch the strikers dribble the ball just in front of them. gracefully dance the ball and have a nice fake!!! its an insult to the defenders! keeper's job is keeping the goal safed! to organize the defence! thats usually reason why keepers got big chances to be their captains because he could organize things well! he could see the flow of the game! well back to the topic, i know that he's not so flexible like khan do! its not the way in diving, its how you make an idea to keep away the ball from the goal in the position of the opponent! or in the other word- saving the ball safely!!!
:)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Van Der Sar is a great keeper,but not the best in the world.He sometimes makes some REALLY silly mistakes,and whoever saw him at WC98 can confirm this...Khan is the best.

About the all time best,must be lev Yashin,I saw some old tapes and the guy was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!

------------------
Dum Spiro Spero...

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
without a shout of a doubt...the illustrious Vitor Baia.

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

http://portista.socceralliance.com

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going for Dudek. Van der Sar is a good keeper but happens to give away easy goals every 20 games or so. Did anybody see the last Celta Vigo's goal in their 4-0 thrashing of Juve two weeks ago? I know everybody makes mistakes (we happen to be human) but there are some mistakes that will simply not enable you to be called the best goalkeeper of the world.

C. Ospina

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1) Edwin Van der Sar
2) Jurek Dudek
3) Sander Westerveld

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The best one is Dida, end of case...

He gave Corinthians 2 titles saving penalties. And he'll save Brazil in WC2002, I'm previewing it!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Corinthiano,
i ahve to agree with you. Dida is the best in the world today.
In the world cup we play for 7 draws, cause Dida will get all the penalties.

As for best ever that goes to the black spider LEV YASHIN....the i'd say Gordon Banks.

Marcoa , Sorry man Vitor Baia is a a terrible goalie...in Barcelona he was crap!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
forca independente em prol do grande corinthians
LEALDADE HUMILDADE E PROCEDIMENTO
THE ONLY WORLD CHAMPION EVER!!!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts