Votes: 11 44.0%
  • another, and who?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went for Platko as I read an impressive report about the "hungarian bear" the other day. :star:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Zamorra. The best goalie`s trophey has Ricardo`s name. This means a lot.

But of course Urruti, Ramallets and Zubi are great too!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i think that he is zubezaretta, despite the damn goal in the cl final 1994, but i heared that zamora was excellent...but because zubi was when we won the cl i will vote for him...;)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
My personal opinion is that it`s wrong to vote on a player you`ve never seen. So my vote goes to Zubi. Even if he`s a bit overrated. I think the real winner should be Ramallets. Zamora was proberly also great, but the fact that a trophy is named after him could have something to do with that he played for Real Madrid.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Robban said:
My personal opinion is that it`s wrong to vote on a player you`ve never seen. So my vote goes to Zubi. Even if he`s a bit overrated. I think the real winner should be Ramallets. Zamora was proberly also great, but the fact that a trophy is named after him could have something to do with that he played for Real Madrid.
I could not agree more!

Having not seen much of the others except in clips, I would have to say the best I have seen is Zubi.

He even signed my Barca hat outside Camp Nou, so theres another reason to vote for him :)

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
From the ones I've seen I'd put them in this order

Urruticoetchea
Hesp
Zubizarreta
Bonano
Dutruel
Busquets
Arnau
Reina
Valdés
Angoy
Baiia

Pretty crap lot after the first four
Pity I can't remember the reserves from the Venables days. Can you GJ?

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:eek: Roger, that surprises me a lot ... Dutruel and Busquets before Reina :eek: ... And was Baia really that bad (I only did see few games with him) ?
Whatever ... Urruti indeed was a bomb ... he saved our championship back in 1985 with an incredible dive into the goal's right corner at a penalty kick. :star: :strong:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Roger> You rate Hesp higher than Zubi? Except for his last season Hesp was an good goalie, but better than Zubi?

Anyway, poor Hesp went off to Fortuna Sittard, and they relegated yesterday. He will retire at the end of this season, and then he will have 499 league games on his record. What an anti-climax for a guy who got us the Copa in 1998.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Hi
In answer to surprised people.
I might be biased against Zubi because we all tend to remember the most recent first. I think he should have retired earlier because he made some terrible mistakes at both Barça and in the national team (not to mention Valencia) towards the end of his career. Even in his better days he was poor on corners and crosses, and hard low shots close to his feet.
I think both Hesp and Busquets were playing behind very bad defences and were sold by them in many matches. When Cruyff's mind went a bit haywire in his last year, Busquets was almost playing as centre half. Now Hesp, as well as being one of the most popular Barça players in recent years, saved us time and time again in big matches. I think Barça should somehow pay tribute to him and Eusebio Sacristán this year (a match between Dream team and Van Gaal team? No, we've already had that).
I also think that Dutruel is a very accomplished keeper who is being made to pay very hard for a couple of unfortunate mistakes. Reina started well at Barça but has been unsafe recently and gets a lot of us really nervous.
Finally, I like watching keepers like Chilavert, Higuita and Baia as long as they're not playing for my team.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
I forgot Lopetegui, who is a very good keeper under the posts. In his time at struggling clubs like Logroñes and Rayo, he's a guarantee, but seems to be hopeless when it comes to coming out and playing almost as a centre half.
This seems to be Bonano's weakness too.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Bier> Baia was terrible! I whished that Robson would have bought him a cann with glue for his gloves because I think Baia broke some kind of record that season in leaving most rebounds. He isn`t exactlly the kind of keeper that provides the defence with security.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Roger said:

Finally, I like watching keepers like Chilavert, Higuita and Baia as long as they're not playing for my team.
:tongue: Great one ... nothing to add :D
But such a remark is as well very dangerous ... we should be well aware of loads of Chilavert-, Higuita- or Baiafans (most of them signed in new) who want to teach us we're wrong. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Roger said:
Pity I can't remember the reserves from the Venables days. Can you GJ?
A bit before my time, but could it be Amador and Cobelo?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts