Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people say its a good idea being friends first then going into a relationship but some people say it is bad and could end the friendship. I have had a female friend for more than 3 years and I have had feelings for her more than friendship, do you guys think its a good thing to do or bad?

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
IF she feels the same as you, go for it. However if she doesnt have any attraction for you, dont go for it. Just make sure you keep the good things you have as friends the same, just because you get to be closer, it doesnt mean you are her boss or you must be with her all the time, sure you will get to be intimate now, and have sex but dont lose the good things of the friendship.

Now if you keep the strong friendly bond intact and add a great sex life you shall have a great relationship, but bad sex can also might make her go back to be friends only :D

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Bang her or I will! :strong:

3 years!! It is time to whip it out Derby:)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
From personal experience, not a good idea. :) You two may be good friends, but once the relationship turns to a romantic one, the expectations, what each is willing to put up with... basically the dynamics of the relationship change and some people can't handle that. It allows you to discover new things about her, but you may not like the new her, if you take my meaning.

It's hard to get from friends to lovers, and even harder to change from lovers back to friends. :)

Of course, there are success stories out there. My story just happens to stink, that's all. :D

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Sometimes I think the world would have been better off with polygamy...:tongue: :cool:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Not a good idea, IMO. The stakes are too high.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
It can happen, but if and when you bring up the subject, do not profess undying love or you'll freak her out. ;)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
I've been harbouring unpure thoughts towards every female friend I've had. Hence- I'd bang them all if I could. :tongue:

But seriously, I don't believe in genuine friendship between men and women. Unless you're gay or she's a minger. There's a part of repressed desire towards every fine representitive of the opposite sex you hang around with.

Ciao.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I, too, am a success story of "friendship turned to romance". In my case, I had always felt attracted to her but she lived in another city – so we stayed just friends, meeting whenever she was in town, to have some drinks and laugh with each other's stories. She got gradually more confortable with me and eventually it happened.

And it turned out great, by the way: our mutual understanding as friends offered a solid basis for the relationship, without bullshit or false expectations – we both were familiar with each other before we ever became an item, so there's no disappointment or regret, we knew what we were jumping into when we first kissed. ;) I knew her flaws and she knew mine, and we still wanted each other.

Of course, there was the risk of jeopardizing the friendship. But hell, there's NO chance unless you take a chance... know what I mean? :heart:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm with Jonny on this, if u bang her u have nothing to lose, u r more experienced ect and she respects u more. If it destroys your friendship, so what? She is a girl, can she play DC or Playstation with u? I think not.

:fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Funny replies, however, it depends how much you care about this girl and how.
See, you say, I care about her and I want to be with her, but it’s no lie that in a few years or even months, this passion will end.
Now it does not mean that you have to stop seeing each other, you have to understand or even ask in a conversation what she thinks about couples that split, if they can remain friends or no.
You take it from there.
Dont you guys agree?

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
its worth taking the risk, because in 5 or 10 years time you don't want to look back at a "what might have been" and regretting not asking her out...

my advice: get drunk first (or at least pretend to be drunk) then ask her out, then if she says no you can just act like nothing happened the next day and that it was the alcohol talking :D

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Just like Teddy says, you should go for it, but before, see if it is worth it from what I said before. Actually the drunk thing is not that bad, but when you are sober, I think it could look weird, and she will know that you like her the OTHER way, and I do not know this girl, but the way she treats could change since she knows you like her. You know what I mean?

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
What about while you were at the friendship stage...did the both of you have bf/gf and confide in each other?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts