Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amoroso-

I read your piece in the Italian forum and thought that it was best to have a discussion here about our beloved Man U fans.

Having visited the site reguarlly I found that they only talk about how great they are. I posted a message about the money situation at Man U and how they can't actually spend that much and the only person to answer it was Amoroso backing what I said up. The fact is that point I made was a valid one but they just ignored it. Have a look at the most popular response to questions in each room:

here it is the B Lizarazu transfer, Lazio had an epic between Jardel and Crespo etc but Man U have one called Who else has won the treble?
Typical I feel.

I think that the rest of the English forums are non-existant and it seems that Liverpool has the best one (ppl like xax, Razor, Amoroso etc).

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The question is logical and the answer is simple poll_till_I_die (and your name is boring to write! :)).Most Man Utd fans,with some exeptionsd (Chiam) DO NOT KNOW A SINGLE THING ABOUT FOOTBALL! most of them support Manchester simply because they have success.The only thing that counts for them is winning,doesnt matter how,doesnt matter why...they just look at the newspaper and see "Man Utd-Bayern 2-1,CL Final" and thats enough for them to go around and celebrate like Maradona after dribbling the whole British Empire :)

I havent been at Anfield,but I try to watch every single Liverpool game...thats not always possible,but I will still follow the game through the radio or the internet.The same thing I do with Parma games.BUT a Man Utd fan may not watch the game even if it is on TV.They will be just happy to see the goals or the final score...Have you ever seen a match report at the MU forum? no! maybe a post about the forthcoming game? no! these kind of posts are all over the other forums but not the Man Utd one...this cant be a coincidence.

I'm not saying that ALL Manure supporters are like the ones I describe,but I'm 1000% convinced that the 90% of them are EXACTLY like this.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

X

·
0 Posts
ok i'd like to add a piece of my own..

yeah me too i always wonder why man utd doesn't spend any money on transfers!??
ok they already have a gd squad..but certainly not as much quality as that of lazio for ex...liverpool's gonna soon become better than man u anyway..especially with all the big moves rumours that going on and some that have already been done(heskey,henchoz,westerfeld,hamann,etc)

whereas man utd have only got crappy ones like fortune,taibi,sylvestre(saw him at inter and i really glad man utd got him!!!)

honestly i do find this liverpool forum one of the most interesting here...if not the most interesting ....not cos i;m a big fan
but try to have a look at the other ones..yugoslavian forum for ex...and there's that atomic punk or whoever..just posting the weirdest stuff i've ever heard of.. :(

we have not have as many posts as some others..but i prefer it that way..better have a few topics but interesting ones..rather than a lot but boring ones .. :(

hey amoroso,that's really true what u said!!
i know lots and loads of ppl who support man utd just cos of their success..and they just don't know anything about their history at all!!like the fact that man u was so close to getting relegated when gergie took over..and that fergie nearly missed being sacked after man city crushed them yrs ago!!!

anyway ..THIS IS THE BEST FORUM AND
U'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!! :) :)

R

·
0 Posts
I agree with what you say about manc scum, their to busy patting themselves on the back to know anything about football. I travel to every game home and away (tickets permiting) and I can say without any doubt that manure are the most hated club in the UK, mainly because of their attitude. When they learn a bit of humility and stop accusing everyone else of being jelous of what they have won, which still come's nowhere near (b)LFC's 18 titles and 4 euro cups(b) they might make a few more friends (maybe not)
Anyone who has'nt tried it try the following link to the best red site on the www
www.koptalk.com

[This message has been edited by Red Denn (edited 22-03-2000).]

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is that I know Man U fans who are not glory grabbers but have supported the club during the years when they were so close to relegation. For them it is bad and I hope that the pool does not get a similar following.

About the majority of Man U fans as they are glory grabbers they don't care if they win or lose. I for one am in a sulk when the pool drop points and I feel that this is good cos it makes you appreciate the highs (NOW!!).

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Hey Pool,
Thanks for mentioning me in that elite list of LFC fans! ;)
Seriously though, it's good to be back, for some reason every time I tried to post my IP address conflicted with someone who had been banned, and wouldn't let me post.
I agree that the manc list is pathetic, and if you dare to criticise their team, then they accuse you of being jealous, and ask what you won last season.
I'm just glad that we aren't as arrogant as that!
I mean being the most successful English club gives us the opportunity to do so, but we have a humility, and a respect for other teams, and I just hope that we don't inherit their glory hunters in the coming years!

Razor

R

·
0 Posts
I'm sure that when Liverpool win the title next year, Furby will become a Liverpool supporter. I don't know what name he'll be using by then.
Anyway, just watched Middlesboro v Man Utd and Boro had a perfectly good goal disallowed. That would have made it 4 - 4.
( Refs are still worth 15 points a season to Man Utd.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts