Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Personally, I liked the Spanish formation for their first match at Euro. Normal four at the back, then a man just in front of the defence that gets up when necessary. Then you have a player in the middle, as a single centre midfielder, and two wings. The wings play extremely wide, leaving loads of space for the player in the middle to play, in this case Raul. Then a sole striker up top. It works brilliantly.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
The classic 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield is my personal favorite, as a coach and as a player it's good. Now, if we're playing counter attack you just make the wings sorta be like DM's ala Seedorf and Pirlo from Milan even though Pirlo is not a winger. Seedorf drifts from the left to defend.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
4-4-2 Cant beat that system it is an even based system which is easy to play and works

Or a 4-4-1-1
For better ball control in the middle of the field, this works good when your up a goal and your looking to keep the ball

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I myself do not belive in a 'best' formation
It really does depending on the mental, physical, tactical and technical characteristics of the players at your disposal and the type of opponent you are facing
One formation is the best for one team and not the best for another team
One formation is the best to play against one team and not the best against another team

Yes you can have a best formation for a single team(depending on the situation)
but I do not belive there is a universal 'best' formation no matter what the 'experts' say

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think my HS team should play with a 5-3-2 next year because the 4 man defence lets in 2 much goals especially since they crowd to one side leaving the middle open on crosses :groan:

Though I personally would like to see us use the 4-3-3 because its effective up front and also strong defensively (sorta)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
41212 diamond
4231 playmaker-two wingers depo 03-04
3421 brazil wc 2002
12511 sweeper germany wc 2000
13411 everton 02/03

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
oh yeah, I almost forgot
3313 Argentina wcq 1999-2001

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I go with the 4 in the back in a diamond, three midfield, the outer two very very wide with a lone centre mid. Two paired strikers, then one man floating up top

·
Registered
2 Posts
Faisal said:
I myself do not belive in a 'best' formation
It really does depending on the mental, physical, tactical and technical characteristics of the players at your disposal and the type of opponent you are facing
One formation is the best for one team and not the best for another team
One formation is the best to play against one team and not the best against another team

Yes you can have a best formation for a single team(depending on the situation)
but I do not belive there is a universal 'best' formation no matter what the 'experts' say

Couldn't agree more... Sven the Swede out smarted Baric last night

1 - 18 of 18 Posts