Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Foreign Players who became Legends Playing on The Brazilian Footie .

Rodolfo Rodriguez

Did 255 matches for Santos between 1984-1988 , with your great saves became the greatest foreign idol of Santos and probable after Gilmar the greatest keeper of Santos .

Carlos Gamarra

Gamarra in Brazil played for Inter , Flamengo , Palmeiras , but the team where he is a legend and idol is Corinthians . Played there between 1998 and 1999 the best years of your career mainly in 1998 when was the best defender of WC 1998 .

Elias Figueroa

Figueroa was amazing , never more will have other defender as he . One of the greatest defenders of all time , the best chilean player ever , and probable the best defender of America long with Passarella and Gamarra .
Played on Internacional where did 26 becoming the 2nd greatest defender-topscorer of team .

Pedro Rocha

One of the greatest footballers played for Sao Paulo , a amazing midfielder and passer . Won the Campenalto Brasileiro for Sao Paulo in 1977 and did 113 goals in 375 matches for Tricolor .

Dejan Petkovic

I don't know other European player who played on Brazil . was a great free kicker . Your unforgettable moment was when did a amazing goal of free kick in 2001 against Vasco on the final of Campeonato Carioca .

Romerito

Is considered the greatest player ever played for Fluminense . Entered to history of Brazil when scores the goal of title from Fluminense in the Campeonato Brasileiro of 1984 on the golden era of Fluminense when had on the team Branco, Assis , Washington ,etc.

Francisco Javier Arce

A underrated full back . one of the greatest crossers of football and maybe the greatest crosser as full back along with Brehme too underrated . Had a amazing skill to make goals of free kick . Your main club of Brazil was Palmeiras where won the Copa Libertadores in 1999 .

Jose Ramos Delgado

A underrated argentinian defender . Did part of the great Santos of Pele in the 1960s .

Others importants foreign idols of Brazil who i forgot . Write .

·
Administrator
29,392 Posts
Perfumo and Sorin (Cruzeiro), Oliveira, Marzukiewicz, Circunnegui (Atletico-MG), Dario Pereyra, Sastre (São Paulo), Hugo De Leon, Rivarola, Ancheta (Gremio), Tevez , Rincon (Corinthians), Benitez (Internacional), Doval (Fla, Flu), Conca (Flu), Andrada (Vasco), Fillol (Flamengo), Asprilla (Palmeiras)... I guess there is more. Now you find the pics, BM.

·
Administrator
52,167 Posts
How many europeans has there been in the league? Bit corious.

·
Administrator
29,392 Posts
Besides Deco and Petkovic, I recall two polish dudes that played a little for Atletico-Pr, keeper for yogoslavia that stayed around small clubs of Minas, Orsi (i think) that played for Palmeiras-Parmalat age. Back in the past there is more, like a group of swedish players in 60's, hungarians in the 50's with the coaches, and waaay back, british, italians and portuguese players. But no idea about the numbers.

·
Administrator
29,392 Posts
yes, this guy... Orsi i think was a 30's player, argie or something. My mistake.

He was just a part of the Parmalat deal.

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
Deco? Haha, might as well throw in Liedson too.

Figueroa was probably hands down the best foreigner to have played in Brazil.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
You forgot the captain of the best Brazilian team in the past 15 years!

------------dida

indio - gamarra - luciano - kleber(silvinho)

-------rincon - vampeta (edu)

-------ricardinho - marcelinho

----------edilson - luizão.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Francisco Reyes - Paraguay - Flamengo (67-73)
Modesto Bria - Paraguay - Flamengo (43-53)
Pablo Forlan - Uruguay - São Paulo (70-76)
Rodolfo Fischer - Argentina - Botafogo (72-76)
Agustin Cejas - Argentina - Santos (70-75)
Víctor Aristizábal - Colombia - São Paulo (96-97) Santos (98-99)
Jorge Valdívia - Chile - Palmeiras (06-08) (10-12) :excited:

·
Registered
182 Posts
32 SQUAD

Goalkeepers:
Rodolfo RODRÍGUEZ - Santos - Uruguay
Ladislao MAZURKIEWICZ - Atlético Mineiro - Uruguay
Agustin CEJAS - Santos - Argentina

Defenders:
Elias FIGUEROA - Internacional - Chile
Carlos GAMARRA - Corinthians - Paraguay
Hugo DE LEÓN - Grêmio - Uruguay
Alfonso DARIO PEREYRA - São Paulo - Uruguay
Atílio ANCHETA - Grêmio - Uruguay
Roberto PERFUMO - Cruzeiro - Argentina
Francisco REYES - Flamengo - Paraguay
José RAMOS DELGADO - Santos - Argentina
Juan Pablo SORÍN - Cruzeiro - Argentina
Héctor CINCUNEGUI - Atlético Mineiro - Uruguay
Francisco ARCE - Palmeiras - Paraguay
Pablo FORLAN - São Paulo - Uruguay

Midfielders:
Modesto BRIA - Flamengo - Paraguay
Freddy RINCON - Corinthians - Colombia
Pablo GUIÑAZÚ - Internacional - Argentina
Claudio MALDONADO - Cruzeiro - Chile
ROMERITO (Julio Cesar Romero) - Fluminense - Paraguay
Pedro ROCHA - São Paulo - Uruguay
Antonio SASTRE - São Paulo - Argentina
Dejan PETKOVIC - Flamengo - Sérvia
Darío CONCA - Fluminense - Argentina
Walter MONTILLO - Cruzeiro - Argentina
Andrés D'ALESSANDRO - Internacional - Argentina

Attackers:
Carlos TÉVEZ - Corinthians - Argentina
Narciso DOVAL - Flamengo - Argentina
Luis ARTIME - Palmeiras - Argentina
Víctor ARISTIZÁBAL - Cruzeiro - Colombia
Rodolfo FISCHER - Botafogo - Argentina

Best Ever XI

·
Registered
29,268 Posts
Falcao Trezeguet
Alexis Francescoli Cuevas
Serna Acuña
I. Cordoba Bermudez Yepes
Chilavert​

Dont know all the old ones.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Goalkeepers:
Rodolfo RODRÍGUEZ - Santos - Uruguay
Ladislao MAZURKIEWICZ - Atlético Mineiro - Uruguay
Agustin CEJAS - Santos - Argentina

Defenders:
Elias FIGUEROA - Internacional - Chile
Carlos GAMARRA - Corinthians - Paraguay
Hugo DE LEÓN - Grêmio - Uruguay
Alfonso DARIO PEREYRA - São Paulo - Uruguay
Atílio ANCHETA - Grêmio - Uruguay
Roberto PERFUMO - Cruzeiro - Argentina
Francisco REYES - Flamengo - Paraguay
José RAMOS DELGADO - Santos - Argentina
Juan Pablo SORÍN - Cruzeiro - Argentina
Héctor CINCUNEGUI - Atlético Mineiro - Uruguay
Francisco ARCE - Palmeiras - Paraguay
Pablo FORLAN - São Paulo - Uruguay

Midfielders:
Modesto BRIA - Flamengo - Paraguay
Freddy RINCON - Corinthians - Colombia
Pablo GUIÑAZÚ - Internacional - Argentina
Claudio MALDONADO - Cruzeiro - Chile
ROMERITO (Julio Cesar Romero) - Fluminense - Paraguay
Pedro ROCHA - São Paulo - Uruguay
Antonio SASTRE - São Paulo - Argentina
Dejan PETKOVIC - Flamengo - Sérvia
Darío CONCA - Fluminense - Argentina
Walter MONTILLO - Cruzeiro - Argentina
Andrés D'ALESSANDRO - Internacional - Argentina

Attackers:
Carlos TÉVEZ - Corinthians - Argentina
Narciso DOVAL - Flamengo - Argentina
Luis ARTIME - Palmeiras - Argentina
Víctor ARISTIZÁBAL - Cruzeiro - Colombia
Rodolfo FISCHER - Botafogo - Argentina

Best Ever XI

Sastre was as big as Di Stefano/Maradona/Pedernera/Pele at his time in South America, that is sthg...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Falcao Trezeguet
Alexis Francescoli Cuevas
Serna Acuña
I. Cordoba Bermudez Yepes
Chilavert​

Dont know all the old ones.
Well, from the top of my head I can already say that you forgot Walter Gomez (Uruguay; River Plate). But, already a great initiative. You can improve this team by researching in this great blog: http://futbolistasextranjeros.blogspot.com/

Sastre was as big as Di Stefano/Maradona/Pedernera/Pele at his time in South America, that is sthg...
I agree with you. But, Petkovic, P. Rocha and Romerito had more meaningful careers in Brazil and enjoyed more prestige with the fans. Just that.

·
Administrator
29,392 Posts
Sastre was really quite famous and recalled on his time, as Fangio said, Pet has some fame, but he is 80% of time a bench warmer. Doval has much more prestige than him, for example. And Guinazu? Not if Dario Pereyra played at this position as well and Maldonado has a strong er argument there.

·
18,041 Posts
Well, from the top of my head I can already say that you forgot Walter Gomez (Uruguay; River Plate). But, already a great initiative. You can improve this team by researching in this great blog: http://futbolistasextranjeros.blogspot.com/

I agree with you. But, Petkovic, P. Rocha and Romerito had more meaningful careers in Brazil and enjoyed more prestige with the fans. Just that.
Sastre and Leonidas are almost the foundation for Sao Paulo, they were in many ways Di Stefano and Puskas for them...Antonio was "O Maestro" on a time Brazil need it that Maestro....Petko was a wanderer and Pedrito was as symbolic as the two oldies mentioned for Sao Paulo later..but anyway in a team that plays Guiñazu, I think Sastre has place, more when Sastre played so many roles in his career...bah, que se yo, yo no lo dejaria afuera

·
Administrator
29,392 Posts
Guinazu is ok, but it is like Roma fans electing Emerson and leaving Cerezo and Falcao out...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Doval has more prestige than Pet? Do you live in Brazil?

Petkovic is a 3 times "Bola de Prata" and was essential to Flamengo's National title in 2009 at the age of 37. I think you tried to underappreciate by saying "bench-warmer", but that's not possible.

And yes, Guiñazu (fundamental at 2010's Libertadores) was and is a better player than Maldonado (fundamental at 2003's Brasileirão), and already played more years in a higher level than Maldonado in Brazil, and I really admire Maldonado, since São Paulo.

I know that Dario Pereyra could play as a DH, but he was mainly a CB for São Paulo. All the years that he won a "Bola de Prata" was as a CB.

·
Administrator
29,392 Posts
Much more prestige than Pet, he is with Zico, the most remembered idol from 70's and his departure to Flu caused an uproar that didnt happen with Pet romaming by Flu or Vasco. And if you live in Brazil, you would know Bola de prata is more hilarious than Oscar lists.

You should check Maldonado, he played for São Paulo in high level, for Santos and for Flamengo, this goes on 7-9 years of good footbal, and Guinazu didnt even play that longer for Inter. D'Alessandro easily overshadows him as most important middlefield of that team.

Dario was hired as middlefield and played as such for 3-4 years, winning a brazilian league as dm. Again, no need of bola de lata.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Much more prestige than Pet, he is with Zico, the most remembered idol from 70's and his departure to Flu caused an uproar that didnt happen with Pet romaming by Flu or Vasco. And if you live in Brazil, you would know Bola de prata is more hilarious than Oscar lists.
Really?
Well, all the books I read don't treat Doval with all that glamour that you are giving to him. Maybe he was special to you, but not so much to all others that report history in books. Probably you are overrating him. :thumbsup:

Dario was hired as middlefield and played as such for 3-4 years, winning a brazilian league as dm. Again, no need of bola de lata.
Are you referring to 77's Brasileirão? He only played 6 games in that championship. :thmbdown:
It's more than clear that his best years were as a CB.

But ok, I admit that I could have placed him instead of Guiñazu.

·
18,041 Posts
Really? Well, all the books I read don't treat Doval with all that glamour that you are giving to him. Maybe he was special to you, but not so much to all others that report history in books. Probably you are overrating him. :thumbsup:
Is funny that you've chose such word because Doval was one of the biggest playboys of the glam era (70's) in SA...half the population of blond kids from Rio and BA are more than probably his sons...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts