Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what;s the best lob preformed by a player?

imo the beckham lob vs wimbledon :thmbup:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Is that a lob? I guess we have different definitions. For me a lob is when the ball is volleyed in a manner where it's dropped over the goalie, i.e. Nayim, and a chip is when the ball is struck off the ground over a keeper, i.e. Beckham.

If you just mean what's the best ball just put over a keeper's head? Beckham had loads of time, so I think it would be Zidane's wonder goal. Fourty yards out, on his "weaker" foot is something else.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Ok Im not being bias but Recoba did one much better than Beckham and it was more accurate and hit with more power, Plus it was from a angle that made it like 60metres out and he didn't even take long to aim and hit it. The trajectory was perfection and the ball got as close as you can to the crossbar without hitting it, All this after Inter were 1-0 down and with Recoba off the bench giving them a 1-1 draw with this beauty

Seedorf did a mad one too for Real Madrid that was more impressive than Beckham's, But not Recoba's

·
Registered
164 Posts
Any Dennis Bergkamp-lob!

PS: Does anybody have the videoclip of Cantona's lob vs Sunderland, they way he celebrates it is just so funny.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Well to me anyway, neither Beckham's long range goal against Wimbledon or Nayim's shot against Seaman (strictly speaking that was a volley abeit from a long way out) qualifies as the best lobbed goal ever. Beckham simply nicked it from the halfway line and it doesn't take a lot to beat Seaman from that distance. ;)

Anyone remembers a certain Davor Suker? Croatia 3 Denmark 0 in Euro '96.. go watch the goal again if you have the clip. That was truly audacious.. and against the world's best goalkeeper at the time, now that's the best lob of all time. :)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Drito said:
For me, even though biased, Cantonas:D against Sunderland.
not a united fan, but great goal and possibly the best celebration ever

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Romario for Barcelona in 93

Or Zico in 91 when he was in the J League. He did an inverse semi bicycle kick lob... unique in the world. Simply breathtaking.

Also Platini in 85 when he lobbed two players and scored a stunning goal agaisnt argentino juniors which was dissalowed.

Eder in 82 was brill too against New Zealand or Scotland... can't remember

Or Pele in the 1970 World Cup.. but he din't score!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Romario for Barcelona in 93
Which one? He scored 30 goals and half of them were "lobs". I especially recall one against Atlético in the Camp Nou which was great.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Albert against ManU
Cisse Severeyns against KV Mechelen
and most of all Stoica against Charleroi.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Acimovic against Ukraine in the EC-qualifiers:) ok so i am bias...but it was a great moment nontheless

otherwise i don't know if this qualifies as a lob but Carlos pulled an amazing shot from the goal-line out wide a couple of years ago...practically from 0 angle and volleyed it in the opposite top corner

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
*double post*

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Which one? He scored 30 goals and half of them were "lobs". I especially recall one against Atlético in the Camp Nou which was great.
the one which i think it was guardiola who put a through ball (lob), to him.... then it was hiim in a keeper, he din't even look to the goal, and hit the ball on the volley and din't even see if the ball went in and just went to celebrate with the fans!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts