Votes: 42 60.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well 2 sets of polls will be going on at once, set-up by none other than moi

Anyway this is the Best ever Italian players poll for each position... 1 every day will be done... starting with the goalies of course!!!

The choices are as above...

I choose Dino Zoff as my number 1 goalie as Im sure many of you will but of course we have had so many other great goalies!!!

·
Registered
45,867 Posts
I just watched 6 of them (plus some old videos regarding Albertosi). I hardly watched Combi and Cudicini Sr.

A goalie consists of many parts: 1 vs 1, saving long shots, middle shots, saving PKs, behaviour out of the goal, holding high balls,organizing the defense.

Buffon is the most complete in my opinion. Zoff had problems with long shots. Zenga had serious problems when going out of the goal and with high balls (see Italia 90 and his two seasons at Samp :fero: ) and was a mediocre PK keeper. Tacconi was average. Pagliuca was better then Tacconi and Zenga, but not super, rather, his saves where spectaculars cause he dived as if he was at circus.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Zoff is a legend and won the wc with Italy in 1982, but i honestly think that Buffon is a better keeper. But he must win something big first.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
ravanelli1983 said:
i say toldo !

seems like a lot of you people missed euro 2000 :cool:
Yeah Toto Schillaci also made a name for himself at International level doesn't make him the greatest...:rollani:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Zoff was the best

i even named my dog after him!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
ravanelli1983 said:
i say toldo !

seems like a lot of you people missed euro 2000 :cool:
I smell an Inter fan... :D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
The best is Buffon - "The Maradona of Goalkeepers". But as always, people tend to vote on the old legends.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts