Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eastern europe has produced some quality players over the years but for some reason some of them are not regarded highly enough.

Who, according to you, is the best east european player of all time? And also which is the best east european team of all time (national or club)?

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Hagi? You're kidding me. He wasn't even the best EE player of the 90s.

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
Robert Prosinecki or Dejan Savicevic.
They are two of the most talented footballers (ee or not) of their generation, but they both underachieved in their careers (especially Prosinecki), as did Haggi.

Hagi might have had awesome skill, but he was, like someone said a few weeks ago, a squad player at both Barcelona and RM. He only really excelled for STeaua, Galatasaray, and the Romanian NT.

Stoichkov was better than Hagi.

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
Lets bring out the big whopper of the list of candidates first, will be interesting to see the representatives. I mean, we should really exclude Puskas, its too unfair to the rest.

I mean someone like Prosinecki cant compete the above, was quite madly skillfull, but career wise, nothing special or that standout. Didnt really show he is the best of the best of his time, let alone of all times.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
The best that I have seen playing was undoubtedly Krasimir Balakov.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Shevchenko :)

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Lev Yashin was considered to be the greatest goalkeeper ever, so for that reason alone he should be considered to be the best ever EE player.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Dragan Dzajic, Puskas, Kubala

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
How can you put Puskas and Hagi in the same pot? One played in 1950, the other played 1990. I think it's unfair to make comparison like this, because no one knows what Puskas would be in 1990, or what Hagi would be in 1950.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
I've never seen Puskas and probably nobody here did... its hard to put someone in here where you can read up on wikipedia at best

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
lol :rollani:
how great can a player be that he's adored although playing for Spain's NT to retire from int. football :rollani:

1 - 20 of 124 Posts