Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
IMO Robin van Persie of Feyenoord. Even though he is a 'roach' I really enjoy watching him play and I hope he will develop into the class player he can be during the second half of the season. IMO he is really the guy that can be the next leader of Feyenoord. If he changes his behaviour and if he gets the freedom on the pitch, he is a future NT player for sure. This guy is technically very gifted and has a great shot in his legs. Good for free-kicks, good for corners. Great player for the future and definitely the best talent out there.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
What more can I ask for! 2 Ajacieden promoting Van Persie :tongue:

IT definitely is Van Persie and after that there's a gap to Collins John , a young striker, (not sure who he'll represent btw. Could be Holland or it could be Liberia) who's now at Twente who could be something in the future but he's still only 18 or 19.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Pretty ridiculious post IMO, since Van Persie is one of those players who belongs in the same class as Sneyder, Van Der Vaart and Robben. :star: :)

Also Nicky Nicky (vitesse) Collins John (Twente) and Arnour Diba (although he choose to represent Marroco) are good players, but not the same level as those players mentionned above.

·
Registered
282 Posts
van persie has done well in the latter stages of the first-half of the season, but not extremely well. i think maybe some of you might be getting to influenced by this "it going to be van persie's jaar" a lot of the media is talking and writing about.
i think he misses the speed and the early and decent cross to become a world-class left-winger, and he continually says his natural place lies in the centre of midfield. if it indeed does, and he can excel on that position at feyenoord, it's still going to be difficult for him to make it into the dutch team.

i also think ronnie stam and anouar diba of nac have stood out, jan kromkamp of az, and lamey and bosschaart of utrecht, and mike zonneveld and hersi of nec.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robin van Persie is a very good player in the VDV,Snedjer, Robben class.

My question should have been a non-Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord player. Is there a 16/17 year old which is sposped to be the next big thing?
I know of Frank Demounge (NEC), Kolk (Heerenveen), David Mendes da Silva (Sparta).

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
The big talents of the the big 3 are IMO Pienaar of Ajax, Robben of PSV, and van Persie of Feyenoord.
If you only mean Dutch players than I think Sneijder is potentially the biggest talent, but de Ridder has done very well in the Portugal trainingskamp so far.

Outside of the big 3, I think Utrecht right-back Michael Lamey and left-back Patrick Bosschaart are big talents, Iwan Redan of RKC, and Nordin Boukhari of NAC, on loan from Ajax.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
My question should have been a non-Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord player. Is there a 16/17 year old which is sposped to be the next big thing?
I know of Frank Demounge (NEC), Kolk (Heerenveen), David Mendes da Silva (Sparta).
But they aren't exactly 16/17 years old... I can't think of any 16/17 years olds outside the top 3... Ajax has Ryan Babel who is supposed to become a great striker, but we'll see what happens...

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Abominus said:
van persie has done well in the latter stages of the first-half of the season, but not extremely well. i think maybe some of you might be getting to influenced by this "it going to be van persie's jaar" a lot of the media is talking and writing about.
i think he misses the speed and the early and decent cross to become a world-class left-winger, and he continually says his natural place lies in the centre of midfield. if it indeed does, and he can excel on that position at feyenoord, it's still going to be difficult for him to make it into the dutch team.
Why would it be difficult? Oranje does not have a real playmaker who leads the team out on the pitch. Van Persie with all his creativity is a real authentical playmaker. There are not many competitors for the same position at the moment.

IMO in 2006 this should be the midfield and the attack:

Sneijder-------------Van Persie-------------VDV

VDM-------------------RVN/Makaay---------Robben

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Robin van Persie is a very good player in the VDV,Snedjer, Robben class.

At Feyenoord it probably is Richard Breinburg, a young defender currently playing in our youth. He should make his debut soon for the first team :)

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Are you sure that he won't end up like guys as Loovens and Sprockel. I mean: the fact that he has been added to the squad doesn't mean straight away that he's quality too. Especially if you look at the quality of the oldies available.

Easiest choice of the best youngsters outside the top 2 are Van Persie and John. Two players already mentioned here.

Defensive talents could be Ferne Snoyl (Feyenoord) and Michael Jansen (Vitesse). Only the first one has to be prefered than ahead of Van Haaren and Jansen must hope that he doesn't get sucked to much into the low level of Vitesse.

Guys like Demouge, Mendes and Kolk aren't that great talents. Neither of them has even impressed at a midtable team in the Eredivisie so far. Players like Kuyt, Bosschaart I wouldn't call talents anymore, certainly not if you look at Dutch standards. In other countries they perhaps still call 23-old players talents, but at the age you can't be dubbed anymore as talent in my eyes, cause then you have done something wrong.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
chivu said:
Are you sure that he won't end up like guys as Loovens and Sprockel. I mean: the fact that he has been added to the squad doesn't mean straight away that he's quality too. Especially if you look at the quality of the oldies available.
I'm not too sure either but he's been getting good reviews in Feyenoord fanzines/ propaganda :howler: They say he's got leadership qualities too but I'll have to see him with my own eyes before really judging him.

Sprokel is very poor imo :eek:

Loovens is a young version of Peter vd Berg right now. Not quick and can't pass but he's still young.

Olfers is probably the most athletic and best out of them but he is always prone to make an error like he's sometimes done for RKC this season :eek:
Still Feyenoord should give one of these young defenders a chance (maybe call them back from their loanspells ,I dunno) since de Nooijer, Van Wonderen and vd Berg are on their last legs and this season is already realistically lost if you look at the margin in the table.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Prince-O said:
Why would it be difficult? Oranje does not have a real playmaker who leads the team out on the pitch. Van Persie with all his creativity is a real authentical playmaker. There are not many competitors for the same position at the moment.

IMO in 2006 this should be the midfield and the attack:

Sneijder-------------Van Persie-------------VDV

VDM-------------------RVN/Makaay---------Robben
in 2006 you want to play with 31-year old Makaay and leave Kluivert on the bench in his prime :rollani:

What has van Persie shown as number 10 so far???? hardly nothing, he played a few good matches in meaningless pre-season games on that position and in the Amstel Cup last season I believe. Since then, he's always played on the left, wheter it be left-wing or half. He should first prove himself on this position for Feyenoord before he can think of Oranje in any position. Also, van der Vaart and Sneijder are already established internationals, so van Persie isn't just gonna walk in and take their position in the Dutch team.

About Sprockel and Loovens. In my mind, they are 100% net-niet spelers. I seriously can't see them ever playing in the heart of Feyenoord, let alone the Dutch team.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Abominus said:
in 2006 you want to play with 31-year old Makaay and leave Kluivert on the bench in his prime :rollani:

What has van Persie shown as number 10 so far???? hardly nothing, he played a few good matches in meaningless pre-season games on that position and in the Amstel Cup last season I believe. Since then, he's always played on the left, wheter it be left-wing or half. He should first prove himself on this position for Feyenoord before he can think of Oranje in any position. Also, van der Vaart and Sneijder are already established internationals, so van Persie isn't just gonna walk in and take their position in the Dutch team.

About Sprockel and Loovens. In my mind, they are 100% net-niet spelers. I seriously can't see them ever playing in the heart of Feyenoord, let alone the Dutch team.
In 2006 Kluivert is 30, but of course there is a huge generation gap between someone who is 30 and someone who is 31. :rolleyes:

Van Persie has not done a lot as number 10 yet, I agree, but that is because he was hardly given the chance to prove himself at that position. If he says it is his best position, he should be given the chance to prove that's true.

Also, he won't walk into the team to take the place of Sneijder and VDV, because if you look at my 2006 line-up you will see that they are all in the starting line-up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i remember when u were such a kluivert worshipper. your lievelingetje was alles, and should always play for holland. now van da man has proved he's simply two classes better than mr. wannabe goal-scorer, and your'e now even rating makaay higher than the barca benchsitter :D
youv'e finally seen the light have you? :howler:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts