Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Giggs was just pace. If he was such a talented dribbler he'd still be getting past players now, but he can't. Look at Matt Le Tissier, he never got out of first gear and still could take on half a team.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Giggs was just pace. If he was such a talented dribbler he'd still be getting past players now, but he can't. Look at Matt Le Tissier, he never got out of first gear and still could take on half a team.
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=quI_LkMj4HI&feature=related

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=sZIKK6JDaQI&feature=related

Get your facts straight. Giggs did this against loads of teams in the 90's, including against juve in a cl game . .

How many top dribblers were doing it at 35!

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
And where's the dribbling skill there? It's all pace. Brilliant pace, but nevertheless the kind of run that we've seen players like Darren Huckerby and Craig Bellamy make. That's not real dribbling there, most of the Arsenal players pulled out. If thats the best video you could find of Giggs "dribbling ability" then I think I have got my facts straight.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
And where's the dribbling skill there? It's all pace. Brilliant pace, but nevertheless the kind of run that we've seen players like Darren Huckerby and Craig Bellamy make. That's not real dribbling there, most of the Arsenal players pulled out. If thats the best video you could find of Giggs "dribbling ability" then I think I have got my facts straight.
Doesnt include any CL goals either . . Differance between players that kick the ball pass players and run through on goal. Most of giggs goals involved good dribbling.

bullsht. Pace had little to do with his goal against arsenal.

Ah the arsenal players pulled out of the challenge, of course , good excuse, best arsenal defence ever. . Typical bitter post . .

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
As much as I hate to say it but Figo was a pretty decent dribbler in the 90's.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Ronaldo is my favorite; and he would top it off with amazing speed and clinical finishing.

Even now as a 200lbs fat boy I still remeber that small kid in a Barca shirt

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Steve Stone.

·
Registered
47,944 Posts
Ronaldo and Zidane, obviously.

Recoba was an amazing dribbler too and had pace too. :(

1 - 20 of 72 Posts