Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is our fav director of, well, ever? Mine is Guy Ritchie and I just wanna know what you guy's think...:tongue:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Of all times or currently active?

Of all times it is a tough choice....You have the pioneers...Like Griffith or Eisenstein....They moved the world of cinema into the amasing direction....

Than all time great...like Hitchcock, John Ford, Akira Kurosawa....

But of currently active ones, for me, it's a tough choice between F.F. Coppola (for his aesthetical approach to movie-making) and Oliver Stone (for the choice of subjects).....

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
there're a lot of great directors. but i choose spielberg (schindler's list) for the best director. there're also coppola (the godfather), darabont (the greenmile), and zemeckis (forrest gump) :)

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
there are too many great directors to from
so i'm gunno day that
the best directors are the ones with a oscar

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Speilberg is my favorite, along with Ron Howard and Martin Scorcesse.

Stanley Kubrick and Spike Lee are two well-respected directors that I am not huge fans of;).

·
Registered
236 Posts
New Zealand's Peter Jackson! :heart:

"Heavenly Creatures" "Bad Taste" "The Frighteners" "Dead Alive (aka Braindead)" "Meet the Feebles" "LOTR"

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
A good up-and-coming director is Darren Arnofsky(sp?) who directed Pi and Requiem for a Dream.:)

·
Player
357 Posts
I like Peter Jackson (LOTR), but the director that I like the most is George Lucas (Indiana Jones series, and Star Wars series)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
what about ridley scott. he's produced some real corkers down the years.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Federico Fellini ........

What can I tell you ?? Im a sucker for European films and Fellini's were and still are THE BEST

:howler: :cap::glasses:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts