Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Gattuso. Vieria and Keane are getting old, but still among the top 5. Any upcoming defensive midfielder? I think the position is getting thinner and thinner.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
maschereno, emerson, cambiasso

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Essien also.
But for defensive midfielder, for the future (and now) I would choose Xabi Alonso as the best of them all.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I have to admit that Cambiasso is playing like he did two years ago, and in a level atb his 15 he seemed was going to arrive sooner, anyway I think he is still young (24?), andplaying in an incredible and regular form all the season, he shut my mouth in a big way, I thought the bad experience in Madrid was going to be definitave and burried him, but he is back, kudos to him. Even today in an impossible altitude he shined.

Mascherano still is too young, I put my hands on fire beting on him, but still has too much to live...

Huge hope in Gago, if he goes to Youth WC, wtach him, great talent, let's see if he manteins and surpasse his current level.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
Iniesta (?)
Iniesta is nothing even close to a defensive midfielder.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
France usually produces some quality DMs. Vieira, Makelele, Essien, Mavuba to name some of the best ones currently.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
if Vieira has grown up in France, has a French passport and feels French then yes he is French.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Vagabondo said:
if Vieira has grown up in France, has a French passport and feels French then yes he is a French citizen
no he's French. :stuckup: Senegal is just a place he remembers as a kid.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
no he's French. :stuckup: Senegal is just a place he remembers as a kid.
Jern, he is a French citizen, that's a fact.

If he's French or not is another subject completely. You'd really need to know his position on that topic, and for that I mean you'd need to be able to literally read his mind, not just listen to his answers in interviews.

It's quite possible to be patriotic about 2 countries but to consider yourself as being only of one nationality or the other at the same time. With Vieira it is even more complicated because he is born in Senegal and apparently is of Cape Verde origins as well.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts