Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
12 teams are really considered big here.

The four paulistas, four cariocas, two from MG and two gauchos:
São Paulo, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Santos, Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo, Atlético Mineiro, Cruzeiro, Grêmio e Inter.

The other four it's a moment thing: right now, I'd include São Caetano, Atlético Paranaense, Coritiba since they have the best form in the recent years...the other one I'd have to think a lot....maybe Vitória or Ponte Preta....

Historic tradition wise, Bahia would certanily be included.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
ToniSamp said:
If you had to build a league with the 16 Brazilian clubs with greatest tradition which clubs would you choose?
Just 16, it's important. ;)
Tradition, you say?

Botafogo, Fluminense, Flamengo, Vasco da Gama, Sao Paulo, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Santos, Internacional, Gremio, Atletico Mineiro, Cruzeiro and Bahia would have to be on any list of "most traditional" clubs. So that's 13 clubs right there.

Now, if we were to complete the list with today's most organized and competitive "non-traditional" clubs, we would include Sao Caetano, Atletico Paranaense and Coritiba. However, one could argue that Sao Caetano (a club created less than 20 years ago!) is anything but a "traditional" club, so SC might be substituted by either Ponte Preta, Guarani or Sport (none of which are as competitive as Sao Caetano today, but they're all more 'traditional').

Which means, of course, that I could have simply agreed with Roberto and spared myself the trouble of typing. :wth: :D

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
So inter is unanimous?

Aside from winning a couple of times they never made to many finals in brasileiro, they would get picked because we simply lack more teams that always compete in brasileiro though

Or its more important the fan base then achievments in brasileiro

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Of course Inter should be there, they are one of Brasil's most traditional clubs. Roma is one of Italy's most traditional clubs and they, too, only won the national trophy a couple of times. :)

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Like Garrincha said Botafogo, Fluminense, Flamengo, Vasco da Gama, Sao Paulo, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Santos, Internacional, Gremio, Atletico Mineiro, Cruzeiro and Bahia, the original "clube dos treze". I would add to complete 16: Coritiba, Guarani and Sport Recife.

·
Administrator
29,832 Posts
about Inter, Linernit...
if wasnt enough for their team in the 70's which was not just great, but one of the greatest we ever had...

they made 5 finals and won one Brazilian cup. They actually have more finals than Botafogo, Flu, Galo, Cruzeiro, Gremio, Santos and the same of Corinthians, Flamengo, Vasco..if I am not mistaken only Sao Paulo and Palmeiras have more finals than them.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
the top 13

plus Guarani, Coritiba & Sport;)

But I actually would fight to put Vitoria in and take Coritiba out..... Vitoria have a youth system that is very good;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts