Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this thread is inspired by a discussion in one of the newer threads...

Name some great players that will potentially not start for their national teams in this World Cup

here is my take:

Brazil: Dani Alves (mentioned), Robinho (if Nilmar gets the nod)
Spain: Fabregas (Mentioned), Jesus Navas
Argentina: 2 or 3 of Milito, Aguero, Higuain and Tevez
France: Anelka or Benzema

great players likely to miss the WC:

Brazil: Ronaldinho, Pato
Argentina: Riquelme
Italy: Antonio Cassano

and the likes of Seba Frey (France), Licha and Lucho (Argentina) and Diego (Brazil) to a lesser extent

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Pato will miss the world cup?

LOL
Actually at this point he is likely to miss the world cup. Shows you how deep Brazil is.

Hard to believe somebody like Fabregas is considered a bench player. I know he was at euro 08 , but is he still?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Actually at this point he is likely to miss the world cup. Shows you how deep Brazil is.

Hard to believe somebody like Fabregas is considered a bench player. I know he was at euro 08 , but is he still?
Other world cups we had more talent to choose from than this one.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Pepe Reina.

He'd walk into every other side but the actual side he plays for :(. He should think of being naturalised as a British citizen aka English :thumbsup:.

·
Administrator
52,909 Posts
Pato is not being left out due to Brazil having too much quality. But seems like impatience, of not delivering in the the few chances he had, so now the door is closed for him for good. He IS better then Nilmar, Baptista or such other options.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Nilmar is delivering, so no need to question his place.

Baptista must be really good at blow jobs.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Pato is not being left out due to Brazil having too much quality. But seems like impatience, of not delivering in the the few chances he had, so now the door is closed for him for good. He IS better then Nilmar, Baptista or such other options.
I don't think Pato is better than Nilmar btw. Nilmar jsut plays in a crap team..... if it was he other way round it would be the same thing. In Corinthians and Inter, Nilmar delivered.

Also, Pato today is probably behind the new Brazilian sensation, Neymar.... who is starting to do magic in Santos!

Neymar > Pato !:thumbsup::smileani:

·
Administrator
52,909 Posts
I cant talk about Neymar (and I wouldnt mind if he joined our growing brazilian colony), but I seen Nilmar, both for Lyon years ago and now in Villareal, good player, but Pato is defenitely better IMO.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Not that deep considering today Brazil had Grafite on the teamsheet. Id somehow understand a call-up after last season but this season the Wolfsburg games i have seen hes been pretty shit.

The whole snubbing Ronnie,Pato,Diego and not giving them a new chance/call-up just shows how stubborn Dunga is.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Add Ronaldo to the list!

Also, all these bunch of DM's that he calls. He has 4 options for right sided midfield (Ramires, Elano, Daniel Alves & Kleberson), but not a proper substitute for Kaka! It's retarded

·
Administrator
52,909 Posts
Yeah its actually silly, No Diego, no Pato and a quite impressive Ronaldinho of late (previously I allways understood why he was left out, but now he deserves a shot), and for what or who really?.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I cant talk about Neymar (and I wouldnt mind if he joined our growing brazilian colony), but I seen Nilmar, both for Lyon years ago and now in Villareal, good player, but Pato is defenitely better IMO.
Neymar, once a finished player, will be better than both. Let's hope he does not lose his play, somewhat like Robinho did.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts

·
Administrator
52,909 Posts
LOL you need a new definition of owned for that alone. I really miss that Ronaldinho btw (this current one is a passing genius, but not anymore a dribbling/attacking one).

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Well until Brazil is winning and getting trophies, then nobody can really have a lot of comments about the situation. Even today, after an ugly first half and the inclusion of Alves, Brazil started to show attractive football. In the end its about the manager selecting himself a team, not a list of individuals. If he looses then he´ll get ripped apart but until he is winning one really cant do nothing.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts