Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know a lot of people won't agree but he was the best man, in the 3 games. a capital blunder aginst sweden i agree, but then along with some other nice saves he keeps ljungberg from scoring 2-2.

italy 2 fabulous saves before vankerckhoven decided that totti could score. rest of the game ok.

turkey in my opinion his best game. although he's says he madea mistake i disagree. this goal came because valgaeren and staelens didn't make th effort to defend. in such a situation one central defender should block haka and the other should protect the ball for the goallie. instead the both stood still only staelens pretended to make an effort. of course dewilde's timiong wasn't ok but if the defense does it job this wouldn't have had such consequences.

for the rest he was great: 4 or 5 tiomes he stops turkish attackers who came all the way through. dewilde was let down by his defense big time (not only the goal!)yesterday, but manage to keep the damage as little as possible

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yep, De Wilde was good but also Goor played a good tournament for me.

De Wilde made 2 mistakes in 3 games and he is judged on that. ALthough it aren't really bad mistakes. The first one against Sweden is just being unlucky and the one against Turkye is the mistake from the defence and De Wilde. Our defence was nowhere yesterday and De Wilde had to do some good saves or it was already over earlier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts