Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***note***
please IGNORE the significance of the goal, as in it won us this etc. just the goal itself on its own merit. also ignore the team it was against.

since i wasnt on this earth long enough, i wont be able to nominate past goals.

so here are some i thought up of:

Henry vs spurs. the one where he ran almost the full field :D

Berggy vs newcastle. the spin around and slots it past the goalie

Henry vs Manutd. over barthez's head

Parlour vs chelsea. fa cup shot from afar

Gilberto silva - champion league record for fastest goal. (great team effort)

just some i quickly thought up. dont shoot the poster if i forgot any or made mistake.

anyone who says reyes's own goal, i give you title: "XT's MUMMA BOY"

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I tell you one that never ever gets shown that was one of the most beautiful goals ever scored in the EPL.

the 1 we scored at OT the day we lost 6-1 :eek: :dazed:

it was a fantastic goal,involving about three one-twos between three players,it was like a hot knife through butter with Pires finally putting the pass for Henry to score. :star: :star: :star:

as i say because we lost it never gets shown. :depress:

another wonder goal was Henry's first against Leverkusen,Pires had his back to goal in his own half,he turned and hit a 30 yard ball to Dennis in the centre circle who killed it dead and layed it back to Paddy,Paddy beat the man marking him by stunning the ball and hit a perfect pass in front of Dennis who was now running at goal 40 yards out,Henry ran from right to left and Nino from left to right across Dennis path to give him two options,he chose Nino and put a perfect weight on it so he didn't break stride,Nino played a perfect pass right across the six yard line to Henry who had continued his run and he just sidefooted home,magical team goal :cool:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yEH theeve had some really good ones

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
3 goals which stand out in a list of outstanding goals are:
1. bergkamp v newcastle...
2. bergkamp v leverkusen (same week)
3. david bently (his 1st ever arsenal goal.

the rest would b

henry v manure some years ago at highbury when we won 1-0 and he hit the ball on the spin...

henry v chelski last season when he spun cudduchini
henry v spurs.....
kanu v chelsea....
silvinho v chelsea
limpar from 40-50 yards out against liverpool i think.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i disagree with the berggy vs leverkusen, wasnt all that brilliant. it was that chip over the goalies head right?

i rather henry goals :D

·
63,337 Posts
you sure Swift,the chip from Dennis v Leverkusen :eek: :dazed:

was a thing of astonishing beauty for me ;)

also i'd like to nominate Fred's second goal against Juve at Highbury ,outrageous flicks,drags and mickeytaking from Dennis on Montero,followed by a lovely loop with the outside of the boot straight into Fred's run,a little dink from Fred leaving Buffon looking like a goat :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jern Lizardhous said:
you sure Swift,the chip from Dennis v Leverkusen :eek: :dazed:

was a thing of astonishing beauty for me ;)

also i'd like to nominate Fred's second goal against Juve at Highbury ,outrageous flicks,drags and mickeytaking from Dennis on Montero,followed by a lovely loop with the outside of the boot straight into Fred's run,a little dink from Fred leaving Buffon looking like a goat :D
i didnt see anything that GREAT to be nominated as best arsenal goal ever. the chip was good, but normal for berggy. i've seen quite a few chips in my life.

his spin with newcastle is something never to be seen again though.

·
63,337 Posts
what about his dragback,twisty toes,loopy boot scenario for Fred though?

surely you must acknowledge that,it was a Dennis Bergkamp wonderland if ever :D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
while the actual trickery that made the goal against juve was second to none... the goal in itself was a rather easy tap in.///

1 - 10 of 10 Posts